28- A twist in the plans

Okay so moving to our own wing of the house did not go as planned at all... "Why," you ask. Well...

Last week, when the boys asked if I would be okay with us three moving to our own wing, they showed me the extra part of the house and it's absolutely beautiful. Apparently, no one has really lived in it since Hunter and Hayden's grandparents lived here because the grandmother's parents lived in this space.

It still had the older-looking type of chairs and bedframes. I fell in love with it immediately, though, for the first 2 days, we were cleaning up the dust, vacuuming, mopping, and donating the older things we didn't want, with Hunter and Hayden's permission of course.

Then the last few days, we have been looking up things to order, like a new stove and fridge, new mattresses and sheets, rugs, kitchen utensils, etc. Now, today we are supposed to start moving things over to that wing little by little, seeing as we aren't in too much of a hurry.

That's what Scarlet, Isabella, and I are doing at the moment, slowly packing up the boys and my clothes into a bin to take over there, the boys off with their fathers to get ready to become the Alphas of the pack. That's when we hear it.

We hear an alarm go off which has Isabella rushing to grab Estella from her room and rushing back to me and Scarlet, Scarlet trying to calm me down.

Isabella ushers us into the bathroom and locks the door, having us go towards the far wall and in the corner, where if you opened the door, no one could see us until they walked further into the bathroom. I'm so confused and scared, I don't even know what that sound means. I'm squished into the corner, Estella sat on my lap with me holding her protectively to myself, Scarlet squatted next to me, ready for attack if needed but also trying to calm me down, Isabella crouched in front of us, staring at the door and in an attack position.

"I-Isabella... What's happening?" I whisper out, being quiet just in case that's what we need. She looks back at me sympathetically before turning her attention back to the door, only then responding.

"That alarm means danger," she informs in a hushed voice, "it means that someone, whether it's rogues or another pack, is attacking the pack." My heart drops into my stomach. "My job as both a Luna and a mother is to stay here and protect my daughter and future Luna so that's what I'm going to do. The alarms will stop after a couple of minutes but we stay right here until we hear the okay alarm signal."

"Oh goddess," I whimper out, wrapping Estella tighter in my arms, kissing her head, then turning my head to rest my cheek on her head. Scarlet, who is still squatting next to me, puts a hand on my ear and softly caresses my hair.

All I can think about is what could be happening just outside this house. Is the pack okay? Is anyone hurt? Are Hayden and Hunter okay? Are Ashton and Andrew alright? They're coming back, right?

I just close my eyes as I let my tears fall, taking deep breaths while coddling a now-crying Estella. It was about 45 minutes later when we heard footsteps coming up the stairs of the house, causing me to try and push myself even more into the corner, Scarlet is now in a pouncing position, and Isabella was in a position to easily shift and pounce in no time.

In less than a minute, we hear knocking at the door of the bathroom then I hear Ashton. "You guys can come out now, it's safe." At hearing his voice and just now smelling their scent, which I'm guessing my mind was too cloudy to process right away, I'm the first one off the floor and hurrying to the door. I fumble with the lock, holding Estella with one arm, and quickly opening the door, immediately seeing Ashton and Andrew, Hayden and Hunter behind them with relieved faces.