Wolf-Napped By My Mates (46)

IMPORTANT!
Author's Note at the END!
PLEASE READ IT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You've probably have been questioning what about Ken, Caleb and the girls. For now my trust could only be put into Dale as he decided to do this one last favor. Though he was reluctant. I didn't mean that he has sided with us but he offer since he couldn't stand involving innocent people.

And from what he has told me having a witch in our favor would help us greatly. Luckily I know just the person for it.

Besides that there is also bad and good witches. Bad witches were outcasts that had only use and practiced dark magic and used it for evil.

I neared an old wooden lodge that stood just a few meters away from me. It was abandon but I just couldn't shake off this feeling that someone was there. That someone was calling me forth.

Should I bother?

"Someone! Help!"

I slapped myself.

"Well of course there's someone calling for help that is. Damn how dumb could I get." I ran towards the lodge, following the sound of the voice.

"I'm trapped!" I kicked in the door only to have a whole gulf of smoke engulfing towards me.

"Holy smokes." Accidentally I inhaled some of the smoke causing me to cough as I just as quickly covered my nose and below. "Hey! Where are you?!"

A small cough coming down from a small wooden door on the floor caught my attention. It was locked close with a locket as the person under it struggled, pounding on it.

"Down here!" The person managed to cough out.

The smoke blurred my vision that I to shake my head once in awhile just to focus on what I was staring at. Grabbing my gun, I shot the locket causing sparks but it didn't break at all.

What the pho......?

A spell.

Ding ding ding. You just won the lottery, not.

Pointing the gun down to the ground that I stood on I shot a few rounds in a circle and felt the floor give up under my weight. Down I went, also frightening the person I was trying to save.

"Who are you?" The voice squeak, the smoke was definitely getting to her lungs. Walking to her I covered her face with the cloth so she wouldn't inhale the smoke anymore than she should.

I didn't even bother telling her who I was, all I thought about is just saving her damn life.

I mean who the hell has time for questions at a darn time like this especially when it's a matter between life and death.

Making her ride on my back as I held my breath was the worst possible thing to do. All that air that I held in come out in a whoosh.

As I finally got back into ground floor the flames licked at my ankles as I ran out of the now burning down lodge.

I glup in fresh air into my lungs just as the young girl did.

"Thank you." She rasps, looking up at me.

"No problemo." Nah, it was definitely a huge problemo when i get back and smell of burnt flesh. "Who sealed you in?"

"Warlock." She coughed out this time before passing out on me well technically not on me but the grass.

"Isn't this just great." I huffed out putting my gun back in its holster.

Should I leave her?