Absence

The world didn't care about me

     It didn't care in the slightest.

     That's what I told myself as I watched my parents' casket lower beneath the dirt. I had nothing without them; the world had taken everything from me. 

     "Oh, my. What an untimely death." Nonchalant voices spoke as if it was just another piece of news. The many ties my parents had in the business world had proven to be both a blessing and a curse; hundreds of seats were filled, yet not one of them truly cared about their passing.

     "I believe they had a son...what was the boys name Josh? No, Jason? We should arrange a marriage between him and Annabel, can you imagine the amount of money he would inherit?" They murmured. I jolted in my chair, and I turned to face them with a glint of violence in my eyes. They choked on their words, looking down and ceasing their chattering. Did they not know I was seated right in front of them? These women were idiots.

     The many speeches given by "friends" and business partners lasted for much longer than they needed to. I forced myself to stay until the end; staring blankly at the ground where they lay buried. The people began to blend together, along with their advice to "stay strong", rubbing my shoulder and giving me their condolences. My vision blurred with tears, making the greater amount of faces in the crowd unrecognizable.

     My dad's condescending words returned to my head, and I wiped my tears before the last thing he would see would be them falling down my face. 

     My legs carried me to the limo waiting at the entrance, but half way there, my knees gave out from under me. Dirt and sediment stained the pants of my favorite suit, but I had no emotion left to spend on them. 

     It all hit me at once; my parents were dead. What would I do now that they were gone?

__________________________________

Before you read: This is a boyxboy story! If that ain't your cup of tea, don't drink it. It definitely has a few overly explicit scenes, so nine year olds probably shouldn't kill some time reading this. Now I am not your mom lol, but I'd appreciate if you took some of this to heart. Or not and you can just read the story idrc

Final touches: If you are here to steal my work, I'll personally come to your house to hunt you down 😃 🤺don't do that. 

Notice: I'm going to be editing this story throughout the next couple weeks because of grammar mistakes, etc. the content will not change though!

If you are here for the long run, get ready for an emotional roller coaster

Tysm for reading my loves💕 I really appreciate you!!