How I saw it

The next few Chapters will be told in Axel's perspective.

______________________________________________________

     "Make sure to re-do that test, Johnson! It'll have a dramatic effect on that grade of yours." Mr. Moore yells after me.

     "I'll do what I can, sir." I mutter, popping in a headphone. It was later than usual, I knew Jason would be worrying his head off. I smiled at the thought of him, I wondered how he'd try to comfort me about my grade. 

     I skipped up the stairs two at a time, matching my steps to the beat of my music. I walked down the hallway and sure enough, my room door was wide open. He didn't hear me come in, so I quietly walked behind him. 

     I slithered my arms around him, ignoring his startled jump. "Oh God- Axel you scared me!" He lightly pushed against me, but I hug him tighter. 

     His neck was bare, so I buried in my head deeply inhaling his scent. He smelled like chestnuts and warm cinnamon, making me hungry.

     "I have a C plus in pre-calculus," I muffled, listening for his reaction. "The teacher made me stay behind."

     I tried to hear what he said in response, but his sweet scent overwhelmed me. I growl in his ear, pushing him backwards on the bed.

     "Wait! Do you want me to get you a biscuit? I've been meaning to get a new one anyway." He says, sitting p. I laughed at his misunderstanding; I wanted him, not biscuits.

     "Not the ones you get. They're dry and crumble too easily." I respond, joining him on the bed. 

     "Biscuits it is, then." He sighs, lying down. I leaned over him, taking a closer look at his face. His mouth was slightly parted, letting a sweet smelling breath fill my senses. I lightly pressed my lips against his, just to get a taste of what had been taking over my brain. 

     "Where are you going for spring break?" He asks, pushing away from me. 

     "My mom wants me to go home... but I think I'll just stay here." I mused, again waiting for his reaction.

     He sat up, the relaxed look on his face vanished. "Stay. Don't go back to America." He demands. He made it sound so easy, like it was a wavering topic. I couldn't leave him. Going to classes alone was hard enough, and I thought about him the whole time. Two weeks would be beyond torture, I needed him.

     I pushed him back down, smashing my lips onto his. Putting it into words wasn't possible; I'd show him I'd never leave him. 

     "J-Jason?" Someone trembled from the door. 

     I Immediately got off of Jason, pulling him up after me. I didn't even check to see who it was, I was caught in a whirlpool of memories. 

     "Wait, James-" 

     "Don't talk to me, you w-w-weirdo!" I turn around to see his face, making a mental note of what he looked like. He caught me looking at him, fear soaking into his face. 

     He bolts, forcing Jason to try and chase after him. 

     I reflexively grab his arm, stunned when he tries to yank it back. "Let go of me!" 

     Regret instantly crosses his face as I let go of him. "I-I'm sorry. Just let me go after him." His voice trembled, and he looked extremely pale. I watch him run after James, a bit confused about what had just happened. 

     I realized I didn't have any time to think, and quickly grabbed my bag. I sprinted down the stairway on the other side of the hall; it would be a bad idea if I caught up with them now. I had to think of a logical way to keep James' mouth shut, that didn't involve violence. It was hard though, he had an incredibly punchable face.  

     They were on the opposite stairway, so I cracked the door open and watched until I saw James emerge. He looked incredibly shaken, I almost felt bad to spring myself on him. 

     He walked in my direction, and I waited until he was close to the door before I throw it open in his face.

     "Oh, my bad..." I trailed off, pretending like I hadn't seen him. He staggered back, clutching his forehead. I close the door behind me, waiting for him to regain his senses. 

     "Ow, ow." He looks up at me, then freezes. He had the same terrified expression on his face, it was hilarious. I felt like threatening him, like making him want to hide in a hole too scared to ever come out again. 

     "Say, I'm thinking of joining the student council." I smile, watching the confused look on his face. 

     I had promised myself to never even think about using his ability again. My father was an incredibly powerful man, but he was emotionally a child. I really would do anything for Jason, even if I had to stoop down to my dad's level. 

     "Y-You don't have the recourses for that. You're a complete commoner in the vast majority of business men. No one will ever...vote for you..." He trails off, watching me pull something from my pocket. 

     "A commoner? Say that again, James." I walk towards him, dropping it in his hands. I watch him examine it, enjoying the dread that dawns on him. 

     "You could have b-bought this. It doesn't mean anything." He squeaks. 

     "You really think I would spend ten thousand on a stupid bracelet?" I sigh impatiently, taking out my phone. "How about we give my him a call? I haven't talked to my old man in a while." 

     "Y-You really think I'll believe you? Your school papers say you got in through scholarship recommendations. How could you-"

     "Let's just say I'm undercover, shall we?" I interrupt, scrolling down to my dad's contact. I hadn't heard his voice in years; and now I here I was, calling him to help with the very reason he abandoned me in the first place.

     I held the phone out, letting it ring in his face. James froze, from half curiosity and half fear. 

     "Johnson Residents. How may I help you?" Someone asks. His voice was slightly recognizable,  he was probably a personal butler of dad.

     "It's me. Let me through to him." I explain. 

      "Yes, sir." He says, transferring phone lines.