How I saw it. Part 3

When I had made it to his room, I realized he had a habit of leaving the door open. Regardless of who he was waiting for, that was how we'd gotten into this mess in the first place. He was tensely sitting on his bed, shoulders stiff and overly focused on his homework. 

     I snuck over to the bed, genuinely surprised he hadn't noticed me yet. He looked pretty shaken, and what's worse, he was doing math problems. I jumped on the bed, wrapping my arm around him. 

     "A-Axel! I'm sorry! Wait, I promise I'm not just going on with my life after what happened, I tried texting you-" 

     The situation hit me, doubling me over in laughter. He was apologizing? I was the one who had disappeared on him. I had turned off my phone after I called my dad, knowing he'd have the staff send me numerous texts about the flight back home. I hadn't occurred to me that the first thing Jason would do when he couldn't find me, was text me. 

     "You were overthinking again, weren't you?" I couldn't tease him too much, I had been worried about him to. He looks away from me, his ears turning red. 

     "Well, I guess this one's on me. I did make this pretty confusing." I snicker, pulling him closer to me.He relaxes in my arms, closing his eyes. 

     "Don't worry, I know you didn't just forget about it. Math problems calm you down, right? Weirdo." I say, patting his hair down. I was surprised the big question hadn't dropped yet, I assumed it would be the first thing he'd want to know. 

     "Wait, where did you go?" He says, sitting up. There it was. I could summarize it, say that I drove James away and he had nothing to worry about... but he'd ask me how. Telling him I spoke with my dad wasn't ideal, Jason hated him for what he'd done to me. I shouldn't run away from it either, I'd eventually have to tell him I wouldn't be here for spring break. 

     "I'll tell you tomorrow." I said, guilt creeping up my conscious. 

     I pushed him back against my chest, inhaling the smell of his hair. He grumbles, signifying that it wasn't over. I knew why he didn't push into it further; he had been feeling guilty too. I felt terrible to take advantage of that, but it was all I could think of. It was my last night with him for a while, I didn't want to spend it worrying.

     "Wanna watch a movie?" I ask, scooting over to the edge of the bed to get my bag. The biscuits had already been reduced to crumbs. I should've been more careful bringing the snacks to his room

     "See? They crumble way too easily." I mutter, handing them to him. He was abnormally quiet, so I turn around to peek at his expression. I catch him wipe his face with his sleeve, then turn away from me. "Yeah, I guess they do." He sniffles, opening the bag.

     We spent the rest of the night watching old movies I'd bought, most of them containing Leonardo DiCaprio. I refused to eat any of the snacks, suspicious because the girl had made some herself. Her name... Mori? No, Mary? Oh well. I'd probably never see her again.