Ms. Lundborg

I stumbled away from the window, backing into my bed. Was he going to make me do this? With someone I didn't know? 

     "Sir Willson? How does your suit fit?" I heard a maid's muffled voice ask from the hall. That sure was a strange way of saying 'have you accepted the inevitable, and gone along with your new role in society?'. I grabbed the suit, staring at it in my hands. 

     "Yeah, I'll be out in a second." I tried to hide the trembling in my voice, as I undressed myself to put on the suit.

     When I went to my door again, it opened with ease. There were four maids in a line waiting for me in the hallway, each with something in their hands. 

     "Would you mind if we cleaned you up, Mr. Wilson?" They spoke in unison. It scared me a bit, as they all surrounded me with scissors and sewing supplies. 

     "N-No, I don't mind. Do we have time before the dinner?" I ask, trying my best to sound calm and collected. 

     "No, we'd fix you on the way. We must hurry to meet them at the north entrance." Once again, they spoke in unison. 

     On the way to the front, they poked and prodded at me. Fixing my hair, straightening my suit and even plucking my eyebrows. They stopped right before we reached the front door, lining up and bowing to me. My Uncle stood by the door, waiting to welcome them. He didn't look at me when I joined by his side, but kept a straight gaze towards the door.

     "Do you like the suit?" He says quiet enough for only me to hear, motioning for the butlers to open the front door.

     I plastered a smile onto my face, folding my hands behind me. I watched as the butlers opened the car doors, bowing to the men that exited. The Lundborgs all wore hats with sunglasses, and they carried a sort of confidence as the walked. I didn't think they were from any major companies, but they could have been underground business leaders. 

     I constantly looked down at the watch I had slipped on my wrist to see if it was the time Axel would be landing yet. My Uncle had gone out to mingle with who I assumed was the head of the house, leaving me standing alone at the door. 

     The thought of running away on the spot crossed my mind, but there were eyes on me. Heck, he'd probably catch me before I could make it to the gate. I looked around the yard for a better escape route, when I suddenly caught a glimpse of pure white silk that blew softly in the wind. 

     It took me a couple of seconds to realize what I was looking at; it was hair. A strange nostalgic atmosphere took place, bringing very old faded memories to mind like fever dreams. She had long, silky white hair that fell down to her waist. It was mesmerizing to watch her step out of the car, it was almost as if the sun was made just to make her shine.

      She was tall and graceful with every move, the way she walked seemed so intentional. My Uncle showed the men he was talking to inside, leaving only me and the girl.

     She turned to look at me from beside the car, scanning my face. I suddenly tensed, caught in her unwavering gaze. Her eyes were a striking blue, I could tell from the door. She kept her cold eyes on me until one of the maids behind me cleared her throat.

     "Introduce yourself and welcome her into the estate, Sir Wilson!" The maid whispered, barley moving her lips. 

     "O-Oh. Welcome to the Wilson estate, Ms. Lundborg. I'm Mr. Wil-"

     "I know who you are," She interrupted, walking towards me. "I'm rather disappointed you don't recognize me too, Jay." 

     I stared at her, bewildered by her blunt approach. There was this nagging feeling in my stomach that made her recognizable, like I already knew her. It frustrated me that I couldn't put my finger on it, and I could only stare at her wondering where this feeling of nostalgia was coming from.

     "So we've met before?" I ask. 

     Hurt flashes across her face for just a moment, before she conceals it again. "I wasn't aware my presence was so forgettable. I am Aurora, the first born daughter of the Lundborg family." She properly introduces herself, shortly bowing her head. 

     A maid comes up behind me, tapping me on the shoulder. "Hold out your arm! It is custom when you invite female guests over to your manor." She whispers, but then suddenly backs away from me. 

     I turn to see Aurora glaring at her, but then once again hides her expression. I hesitantly hold out my arm, offering it to her. She slides her arm through mine, keeping her eyes forward. I peeked down at my watch once more, making sure not to get caught. I had an hour until he landed, and I was assuming it was going to take longer than that to discuss the plans they had for me.