Departure

I kinda liked writing in Axel's P.O.V. lol

BUT TOO BAD! we're switching back to Jason 

ok bye

_________________________________________________________

     This morning, the sun wasn't the one to wake me up. It was the warm breath that rose and fell onto my neck. I paused, suddenly aware of the rest of his body pressed against my back. It felt erratic, surrounded by the heat his body provided. I closed my eyes, trying my hardest to go back to sleep.

     I heard him slowly wake up, shuffling his feet under the covers. He softly kissed the back of my neck, sliding his hands up my shirt. I flinch at the feeling it gave me, biting my lip to keep from making any noise.  

     "Morning," He mumbles in a low, raspy voice. 

     "M-Morning." I say a little too loudly. I feel him smile into my skin, sending chills down my spine. 

     "Thank you for staying." I whisper, holding the hand that was wrapped around my waist. He was silent, rubbing my hand with his thumb. We stayed like this for a while, holding each other. 

     I would have to get used to changing things up; I liked our routine that we had now. I'd have to find different ways to see him, like tell my Uncle I was meeting up with some friends. It'd be a busy spring break, though. I was taking over my father's business as soon as I graduated high school, so I'd spend the entire break preparing. 

     "Are you worried about James?" He asks suddenly, waking me from my sleep-like state. 

     "Um, I guess I hadn't thought about it? Why, did he do something?" I try to turn around and see his face, but he clings to my back. 

     "No, I don't think he'll bother us again." He laughs half-heartedly. I sensed a sort of lifeless aura coming from him, making me worry. 

     "I... I need to go back to America." He says, stuffing his head in the corner of my neck. 

     "What do you mean, America? With your parents? For how long?" The questions spilled out of me, along with a tear that ran down my face. He held tighter, keeping his head buried.

     "I'd been ignoring him, so when I called he said I had to go back. I can't stay here for break." His voice slightly cracked, and I felt hot tears pressed up against my neck. 

     "You called him? When? Axel what happened?" He had loosened his grip on me, so I turned around to face him. He didn't look at me, but I his eyes were slightly red.

     I realized how unfair I was being; of course it would be torture not to have him here, but he was the one that had to go back home. I pulled his head into my chest, letting his tears fall down onto my shirt. I ran my fingers through his hair, pulling him even closer to me. I could only support him now.  

     Once he had calmed down, he sat up and explained what had happened. He told me about how he had driven James away, and about how that had forced some contact with his dad. He explained everything, answering all my questions from the night before.

     "Seven Jean sisters?" I gulped, we were doomed. 

     "That's what you're worried about?" He laughed, wiping his tears. I looked very closely at his face, admiring the tiny features that no one else would get close enough to notice. I then reached out to feel his hair, twisting it between my fingers. I savored the feeling of touching him, and being this close to him. I pushed out of my mind the fact that we would be in different countries soon. 

     "When are you leaving?" I asked, trying my best to act level headed. He reached for his phone from the bedside, looking through it. 

     "This morning." He croaked, turning off the screen and dropping it on the ground. I choked down the sob that tried to escape my throat, but my eyes betrayed me. My vision blurred, a wave of tears spilling down my cheeks.

     I put my hands on either side of his face, pressing my forehead against his. 

     "You are all I'll ever want." I say, closing my eyes. 

     "You are all I'll  ever want." He counters, making me smile. His phone suddenly vibrated on the floor, and I let go of him. He leaned over the bed, hanging up on the number. 

     "Now?" I ask.

     "Yeah." He walks over to his bag, pulling out a change of clothes. 

     I couldn't help but feel guilty; if I hadn't freaked out about James, Axel never would've had to call his father. I felt the voices echo in my head again, telling me what I had done wrong.

     He turned around once, kissing me on the forehead. "You'll be okay without me, right?" He asked, looking me in the eyes. 

     "Yeah, I'll be fine." I lied, pecking his cheek. His phone rang again, and this time he answered it. 

      "Text me as soon as you land," I whisper after him, watching him open the door. He nods, closing it behind him.