Bastard Father

"My dad, Jason my dad knows about us." He trembled.

     I didn't even process what he said, the words just sat in my brain refusing to making sense. He couldn't have been talking about his father. It was a mistake, he must've messed up on his words. 

     "Wait slow down, I can't understand what you're saying." I lied, hoping he couldn't hear the fear in my voice. 

     "H-He just told me I couldn't... I couldn't go back to London Jason, I can't come back. I have to stay in America." He stammered.

      As hard as I tried, I couldn't imagine what this looked like. I had never heard Axel sound so distressed before. I was aware it was the least of problems, but I wanted to see him cry. I wanted to feel his tears, to wipe them from his face. 

     "Why?" I gulped, the information still not completely sinking in. 

     "I don't know, he just got mad and said I couldn't come back if I was still planning on being a...a..." His voice cracked, preventing him from finishing his sentence.

     "Then stay put. I'm coming to you" I said, heading back towards the house. This was probably crazy; I had to stop doing such rash things completely on impulse.  

     "What? Jason, that's insane you can't just come-"

     "This break has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life, and that's when I knew you were coming back. What does your dad think, he can keep you from me?" I was swimming in a pool of emotions, and I couldn't identify a single one of them

     I think... I think I was really happy. Now both of our guardians knew about us, and we weren't dead or anything. It made me think; maybe we could do this? Maybe we could be together publicly? All we'd be facing is people's opinions. 

     "I don't know what to do, I tried talking to him but he was so angry. I need your help, I really don't know what to do." He croaked.

      I couldn't imagine how he was feeling; after all he'd gone through this all once before. It might have been mind clearing for me, but for him, he was in hell all over again. 

     "He can say no as much as he wants, but whether he likes it or not, you're an adult. He can't stop you if you up and leave, right?" I bargained, putting him on speaker so I could look for flight tickets.

     "I can't fly anywhere, he froze all of my accounts. I can't drive back to London either, there's an ocean in between." 

     "Yes, there is. You're very perceptive. But what's this about your accounts? Can he even do that?" I asked, skeptical. 

     "I hadn't signed the necessary papers in time, so he still has control over them as a parent. He might take down the reception too, so I probably only have a few minutes left on the phone with you." He explained.

     "Ah, see this is the problem with crazily rich people. Okay, send me your location I'll be there in five." I say.

     "Five minutes? Jason, I'm in Los Angeles." He reminded me. 

     "No, five days. The soonest flight is Tuesday." I say. 

     "Five days? Oh, forget it I'm doomed. Just leave me here to die, Jay." He complains, making me giggle. I must've been walking faster than I realized, because before I knew it I had made it back home. 

     "There's a flight with multiple stops that leaves tomorrow, but it'll take me a day or so to get to you." I offer, hopping up the front steps. 

     "Okay bu... you have to be ca... just don't... shit, already!?..." His voice cut in and out, and quickly transitioned into static.

     What a bastard his father was. I had no choice now, I booked tickets on a two stop flight to LA. If a year ago, someone told me I was going to fly to LA to go save my boyfriend from his homophobic father, I would have told them to go die a very painful death.

     Despite being aware of the circumstances, I was exited. I was going to see him again, and take him home with me. We'd figure out what to do from there, we could live in this very house and grow old together. I daydreamed of waking up to his arms wrapped around me every morning, spending my day with him and living our lives together.

     It was decided. I was head over heals for this guy, and I was going to save him from his father's annoyingly powerful clutches.