I Missed You

We pulled up on the street, a few stops away from Axel's residence. I knew his father had a big company and all, but I was absolutely dumbfounded walking down the street filled with humungous buildings. To think that he lived here was crazy. 

     I tipped the Uber Driver for his calm and collected driving through the crazy city, and continued down the street. I was stopped when I recognized a certain black logo on a huge gate, leading to a two giant buildings that might have literally scraped the sky. They were enormous. 

     I honestly didn't know what to do, even the gate looked intimidating. I looked through the giant metal bars, trying my best not to look suspicious. There were security men standing on both sides of the entrance, and it didn't look like there was any chance at breaking in. 

     It was becoming painfully obvious how unprepared I was. I couldn't just waltz in there, especially if Axel's dad knew who I was. I would be walking into open fire. But then again, I couldn't just turn around. I had already come all this way, and I wanted to see him.

     "You're crazy, you know that? I mean, you actually came?" I froze, recognizing his voice from behind me almost immediately. I turned around and threw myself at him, the force making him stagger backwards.

     "Yeah, that's right I'm crazy for you. Why'd you have to go and get stuck on the other side of the world?" I groaned, burying my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling into my hair.

     I missed his smell, I missed his warmth. It really was incomparable. It was unbelievable that I had lasted a full week without him. 

     "I missed you." He murmured, tightening his hold around me. 

     "You have no idea." I countered.

     "Oh yeah? I'm willing to make a bet, you know." He said. "Come inside, my dad's at work right now."

     I hesitated to agree; was it okay for me to just walk into somewhere so fancy? "Axel, I'm afraid of that building." I said flatly.

     "It's not as scary as you think, I promise. My room is a lot better, too." He shrugs, letting me go.

      His room? I'd be going into his room? The thought suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't booked a hotel room. I didn't plan where I was going to stay, I just flew. I silently watched him open a box near the front gate and type in a number pattern. It opened a lot smoother than I expected it to, it was probably electronically controlled. 

     I warily followed him through the huge driveway, trying to ignore the building's daunting aura. He didn't lead me to the front, but rather a small door that hid on the side. 

     "Are you sneaking back into your own house?" I whispered, following him down a dark hallway.

     "Yes! Like I said, my dad's gone but my mom is here." He shuddered. If I remembered correctly, Axel had a good relationship with his mom. Did she not approve as well? My existence sure was making life hard for him.

     "Oh, sorry. I thought you guys were on better terms." I mumbled.

     "Sure we are. She's just... very passionate." He sighed. The hallway was really, really dark. He felt his way around until his hand accidentally bumped a button, turning the lights on.

     "Mhmm. Passionate is right." A voice hissed from behind us. I whirled around, startled by its sudden presence. It took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light, but when I could see, I was very confused. 

     She was strikingly gorgeous, really. It was hard to look at her. Her hair was short and black, and she wore a white silk dress. What confused me though, was she looked a little too much like Axel. It made my head spin.

     "So, where have you been? I had to host that dinner party alone. No one else was there, you hear me?" She said, tapping her foot on the ground. 

     "R-Right, sorry I forgot. Oh mom this is Jason, he came from-"

     "Jason? This is you? Oh, Axel he's so handsome! Come here honey, we have food in the main hall. Axel, go clean your room or something. We're going to have a little chat." She orders, taking my hand. I looked back at the petrified Axel, who didn't even try to argue.