In the Classroom Part 1

I was awoken by the sunlight, shining through the curtains and into my eyes. "The curtains here are ass. I want to go home." I mumble, turning away from the light. My mouth opened to let out a yawn, when suddenly memories of last night came flooding back, and it shut closed like a snapping turtle. Had I really done that? I had just broken into his dorm, watch him touch himself, then leave? I would be lucky if he didn't file a report against me. 

     I caught up with Owen, George and Charlie on the way to our first classes. "I have English literature first," George sighed, sipping on a juice box. 

     Charlie sighed, unfolding a wrinkled piece of paper from his pocket. "Um, I think I do too. I don't know, the schedule they gave me is all messed up and wrinkled."  

     Owen laughs. "You make it sound like it's their  fault." 

     "They're supposed to give you a schedule?" I asked. Owen scratches his head, looking at his school planner. 

     "I guess you didn't get one, since you didn't make it to orientation. Go to the Advisory teacher, you can select your classes there." 

     George and Charlie exchange glances."Mhm yeah... well, the Advisory teachers kind of new... not to mention pretty inexperienced." George said, twirling the straw on his juice. 

     Charlie nodded in agreement, "Kinda sucks that it will be your first class here." 

     "He's that bad, huh?" I asked warily. 

     "She."All three of them said in unison.

      "I'm sure you'll be fine though, you have a nack for figuring things out." Owen smiles. "Probably."

     We split ways, each going to our different classes. The Advisory room was towards the back of the school by the garden, and it had plenty of windows. I was among the first students there in class, even earlier than the teacher. 

     I took my seat towards the back, near a the largest window. Keeping my eyes on the door, I observed the students that entered.

     Then, I felt my stomach sink as saw him enter the room. 

     I hadn't even considered the possibility of us being in the same classes. Panic rose in my chest as he walked casually in my direction.

     I ducked my head, looking down at the ground. Had he recognized me as the person from last night? My leg began to bounce involuntarily, and I bit my finger. The thought of him figuring me out was... strangely exciting.

    After a few moments, I slightly lifted my gaze. He sat two desks in front of me, slouching in his seat. No one sat in-between us, so I had a clear view of him. He seemed unbothered, so maybe he had forgotten what happened? No, no one could forget that. I sure hadn't.

    We were all suddenly forced to attention, as the shocking sounds books falling on the floor echoed through the room. I glared at the sound toward the door to see a small women, picking up the papers that had fallen. 

     "Ah, excuse me class! Let me just, um, pick up my stuff." She laughed nervously, gathering her things in a pile. She walked over to the teacher stand at the front of the room, bumping into a few desks in her path. She set the books down with a loud clunk, and pushed up the glasses that loosely sat on the bridge of her nose. 

     "Hello, hello students! A quick PSA: Your old teacher, Mr. Martin unfortunately died in a car crash, so Im here as your new advisor! Oh wait, I mean Advisory. Your Advisory teacher, Mrs. Jean." She babbled, struggling to write her name on the blackboard. The boys looked around the room in confusion. I was right along with them, a female? I had only been here a couple days, but I'd never heard of one teaching here.

     "Um, shall we start with attendance? So you raise your hand when I call your name, right? That's how I'll do this." She sifted through the pile of papers on her desk, until she found a clipboard. 

     I sighed, frustrated. This was going to be a long class. 

     Mrs. Jean cleared her throat, starting with attendance. "Alex? Could you raise your hand?" She asked. I made an effort to ignore her, instead turning my gaze to the boy in front of me.

     He raised his hand, maintaining his slouching position. "Its Axel."

     My eyes widened, and I shifted in my seat to quench the heat the built in my stomach at the sound of his voice. His name was Axel. Axel Johnson.

     I looked down at his wrist, noticing a small band around it. It was a rubber bracelet, the kind you find at fundraisers. Was he into bracelets? No, he didn't seem like the type.

   "Jack? Here? Good. Okay, how about Jason? Jaaason?" Mrs. Jean called, scanning the attendance list once more. I snapped out of my daze, raising my hand. "P-Present."

     "Good, good." She checked me off her list, then continued calling out student's names. 

     I shifted my gaze back to the boy - Axel, silently observing him. His black hair ruffled peacefully in the wind, partially setting me at ease. He didn't wear the jacket part of the uniform, just the messy white shirt with his tie. I... I kind of wanted to draw him. Just a picture of him sitting outside, with his hair ruffling in the wind as it did now.