The Wilson Estate

I laid in my bed for a long time after Axel left, trying to plan out my day. Spring break began tomorrow, so I'd have to pack all my things. I should take a shower, my messy hair was annoying me.

     It took me a while, but once I had gotten up I checked my phone to see the time. Ten thirty AM. Axel had a gotten first-class one way flight to Los Angeles provided by his mother, but I knew it would still be a good twelve hours before he landed. 

     I plugged in my headphones, sluggishly going along with my daily routine. I didn't have class today, so I spent most of my time walking around the campus. I liked walking with music. It was a calming combination. 

     Charlie had left for America, but Gorge and Owen were still somewhere in London. They'd all left school early though, so I had to count on myself to make distractions. The voices in my head were louder than usual today. 

      It had only been nine or so hours since he left my room, but that's excluding the time it took to get him to the airport. I did the math in my head; attempting to assure my conscious. There was an eight hour time difference between California and London, so it'd be the middle of the day by the time he landed. 

     My thinking was suddenly interrupted by my phone, vibrating in my back pocket. I immediately answered it, hope rising up my chest. 

     "H-Hello? Axel?" I asked anxiously, sitting down on a bench in the school garden. 

     "Axel? Who's that? It's me, sugar face!"  My Aunt exclaimed. 

     I tried to hide my disappointment, attempting to match her same amount of excitement. 

     "Hi Hel- I mean Auntie. How have you been?" I had to remember the speech I was expected to use with those older than me, I was so used to talking casually with my friends. 

     "I've been superb! Baking nonstop, of course. You just have to try the scones I made for Richard this morning, they have chocolate chips in them!" She says excitedly.

     "Auntie, I can't try your scones from here. I'm at school." I remind her.

     "Oooohh, of course sweety-tart! I'll have someone pick you up at once. Pack your things, love!" She sang, then hung up the phone.

     This could just be how I see it, but my Aunt was a very confusing person. I meandered back to my dorm room, observing the flowers that had been so beautifully grown. A classroom building was next to the garden, and I recognized one of the windows as the advisory room. 

     Memories of sitting in that window flooded my head. I remember how distressed I had been when he first walked in the class, and how hard I'd tried to ignore him. It was no use of course, I was crazy about him now.

     I packed the things I thought I would need, stuffing them into a big bag. I didn't care about order just yet, considering I'd have to be formal twenty four-seven at my Uncle's estate. 

     I got a text from an anonymous number, notifying that they were waiting for me. I took one last look back at my room, making sure I didn't forget anything. I then sprinted down the hallway towards the school office, checking out for the rest of break. 

     It was a different driver than the one that had brought me to school when I first came, but he had the same uniform. 

     "I will attend to your things, Mr. Wilson." He says, putting my bag in the trunk. I hadn't been to my Uncles house in years, since I was about ten years old. He was very strict and unwavering, but my aunt made up for it with her airhead like nature. 

     When we had made it there, it looked just like how I remembered it. Really, exactly how I remembered it. I walked up the brick sidewalk, admiring the grass and trees that surrounded the manor. 

     "Sir. Wilson is in his study room. I will bring your things to where you are staying, which have already been prepared by one of the maids." He says, taking my bag out of the car.

     It was going to get pretty confusing here, considering my uncle and I the same last name. I'd have to tell the staff to refer to me using my first name, I didn't think I could keep up with it all. 

     Before I even opened the door, my Aunt was scurrying to the foyer to hug me. 

     "Oh, Jason! You've grown to be so handsome! Here, have a scone." She insists, setting one into my hand. 

      "Good to see you again, Auntie. Thank you for letting me stay with you during spring break," I say, taking a bite of the scone. It was pretty tasty.

     "It's nothing, pound cake! Come see Richard, he'll be wanting to see how much you've grown." She urged, leading in the house.

     She led me up the west staircase, and we stopped at rather large door. It had his last name plastered on a golden nameplate. 

     "Go, go! I'm not allowed past this point, only future C.E.O's." She whispered, pushing me forward. 

     I hesitantly opened the door, peeking around at the hundreds of books that lined the shelves. His desk was huge, and it stood at the opposite end of the room. His chair faced the door, but he didn't look up when I came in.

     I stood there for a while, watching him sort through a pile of papers. 

     "Well? What are you just standing there for?"