021 | worried mama and papa crow

and he couldn't help falling in love

APRIL TENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

12:51 in the afternoon

RIPPLES DRIFTED ACROSS transparent water. The fresh green leaves of the trees waltzed with the spring breeze, relishing in its humble coolness. Golden rays were reflected off the crystal-coloured liquid, the sun's beaming smile mirrored up at itself. Aqua-blue blessed the school; the area encircling the pool was devoid of any unwanted dirt, weeds and litter. A group of four teenagers stood in front of the refurbished pool, proud smiles spread across their faces.

"We're finally done!" cheered Ryota, raising his hands and stretching his tense muscles. "I thought we'd never finish."

Sora chuckled lightly. "Well, that means we'll be able to start our training."

"How do we begin?" Nobu questioned, pushing the bridge of his glasses up. "I don't exactly know how to swim."

"We'll start from basics, then." Sora turned to his classmates, shrugging off his jacket and placing it on the foldable chairs they brought outside. "First thing we need to do"

"Suzuuuki-kun!"

The four glanced over at the stairs, spotting the president of the art club jogging over with a broad grin plastered onto her face. Her brown hair flowed behind her, cascading down to her shoulders, catching light beams and enveloping her in a radiant atmosphere. Soft cloudy eyes bore into Sora's, parting way for the iridescent sun that was her soul.

"Chiba-san," he greeted. "What's up?"

"We finished the poster!" she exclaimed, raising the piece of paper she held in her hand. Sora lit up, spine straightening and head perking up. "Come look!" Chiba waved him over, and he walked to her like a puppy would to its owner, metaphorical tail wagging and all.

He peered down at the beautiful artwork, breath stolen from his lungs.

A picture-perfect replication of their swimming pool was drawn onto the paper, from the sakura blossoms to the reflection of the pool; even the fence was added, angeled in a way that made the drawing come to life.

Written in clear, structured kanji were the words:

SWIMMING CLUB IS BACK IN BUSINESS!

Chiba eyed Sora's reaction. "How is it?" she asked hesitantly. She may be the club's president, but even she suffered from insecurity here and there. It was only normal. Human beings will always see themselves as inferior to one another.

Unless they have a god complex.

Then that's a whole different story.

And when you mix a god complex and an inferiority complex together, sheesh.