103 | ooh, hazel is such a beautiful colour

i'm sorry for the late post;
i'm at uni :(

MARCH ELEVENTH, TWO THOUSAND AND TWENTY TWO

MARCH ELEVENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWENTY TWO

07:41 in the morning

TORN WITH CONFLICTING EMOTIONS— hollering pride, happiness, grieving wounds, sorrow for lost love, excitement—Sora kneeled on the marble floor of the school. He had in his hands Rin's backpack and on his face, a smile stretching to the ends of the world.

"Ready?" he asked, slipping the green straps onto his son's shoulders.

Rin nodded. He circled his fingers around the straps, digging into the fabric with a grin.

It was his first day of Kindergarten.

"Here's your lunchbox," informed Kunimi, passing over the animated zipped-up bag. It had a bunch of characters on it from one of Rin's favourite shows— a gift from his grandmother.

Rin took it from his grasp and beamed up at him, "Thanks, Aki-san!"

He had taken to calling them abbreviations of their first names, presumably because he wasn't able to say their full names just yet.

Oikawa had cooed over it, and the others found it endearing enough not to comment on it.

Kunimi smiled back at him, standing behind Sora's kneeling figure. Oikawa was by his side, something watery in his expression. Tenderness flowed through him, a deep, perpetual affection that blossomed at the base of his soul and grew into something more, something paternal.

A love a parent has for their child.

That profound feeling that could only come with giving everything to someone and only wishing them the best.

"Bye, bye!" Rin waved his little hand as he ran inside the classroom, practically skipping with enthusiasm brimming his veins.

Sora stood upright, struggling to hide the quiver of his lips. His eyes followed Rin's retreating form until he entered through the classroom door and disappeared from his sight.

Oikawa reached over for him, placing a warm, comforting hand on his back.

"Come on, old man," he teased, moving his hand in soothing circles. "We'll see him later."

"I'm not old," Sora muttered. He raised a hand to wipe the tear that had sneakily escaped.

Oikawa chuckled, shaking his head. His thumb came up to gently swipe at the corner of Sora's eyes. Sora turned his gaze to him, and a tender smile curved his lips, like two suns coming together after a storm. The warmth spread, flooding every fibre of Sora's being.

"Let's go home," Oikawa said gently.

Sora softened. "Yeah."

As they turned to leave the school building, footsteps sounded from behind them. Their
heads tilted towards the source of the sound, and they saw Rin emerging from his classroom,
tears dribbling down his cheeks. "Papa!"