004 | just how many soulmates do they have?!

nothing feels better than you

APRIL SEVENTHTWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT

APRIL SEVENTH
TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT

16:04 in the afternoon

SORA SUZUKI STOOD outside Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High's gymnasium, patiently waiting for its volleyball practice to come to an end. Tooru Oikawa and Hajime Iwaizumi were already on the team; last year, they had been dubbed as captain and vice captain for the following year's season. That was this year. Tobio would be joining the team, hence why Sora was stationed outside, leaning against the wall closet to the metallic doors.

They were thrown open, and a blur of brown blessed Sora's sight. Tooru Oikawa stood before him with a breathtaking smile.

"Hey, Toohuh?" His arm was snatched from his side, lithe fingers tugging at the limb relentlessly. "What're you doing?" he asked, confused and uncertain. Afternoon clubs had ended a few minutes prior. Sora watched as the other members poured out, panting and exhausted. No doubt Tooru worked them to the bone. He wanted to go to nationals this year and beat his rivalsome guy named Ushiwaka, if Sora remembered correctly.

"Just follow me!" Tooru exclaimed.

And never one to disobey his soulmates' request, Sora allowed himself to be dragged into the gymnasium, which he presumed was only occupied by Hajime, Tooru and Tobio.

To his surprise, however, there were two others. Their heads turned, gazes meeting, shy, tentative, yet full of a yearning hope.

It's there. Feelings that seemed so big, Sora thought he'd burst right then and there.

Every ounce of fate-induced grey faded awaycolours sparked his vision. Fireworks. Eruptions. A whole ass kaleidoscope.

It's so beautiful it aches.

The dark brown of tree trunks.

The onyx black of murky jewels.

He could see it allthe colours of life that remained muted. Sora's bond stretched out, reaching out for two other souls. Soulmates.

His soulmates.

They were complete.

"This is Yuutarou Kindaichi and Akira Kunimi," introduced Iwaizumi, a knowing smile decorating his face. He and the others watched as a golden shine shimmered around Sora and the younger boys. A tell-tale sign of a soulmate bond formation. "They're our other soulmates if you hadn't realised."

Tears threatened to surface in cerulean eyes.

Oh, how ecstatic he was.

Over the fruitful moon.

Hold him, dear children. Protect him. Do not let him stand alone against the harsh torrents of reality. Guide him. Secure his heart in careful and cautious hands. Do not let it break. Do not let it shatter. Love him.