086 | how aot should've ended

let's escape together

JUNE TWELFTH,TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN

JUNE TWELFTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN

16:24 in the afternoon

"I'VE BOOKED OUR RESERVATION FOR eight. Is that okay?" Mikayo asked over the phone, her voice reaching the ears of our beloved protagonist and making him smile. Sora kept his phone between his ear and shoulder, fingers typing across his keyboard. His office was silent except for the hum of electricity from the overhead lights. Sora found that he liked it this way; it gave him the privacy he needed and also served as a reprieve when the day was awfully stressful.

"That's more than okay," he said. "I'll just wrap up this next meeting and head off."

"Wonderful." The sun was beginning to set, casting an orange glow through the large windows behind him. "I can't wait to see you."

Sora huffed through his nose, amused. "Have you missed me that much? I've only been gone for a week," he teased, drawing the corner of his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Best week of my life."

"Fuck you."

She giggled, and gods, it sounded like the breeze passing through a field of flowers. It made him want to run away, to a place where the stars kissed the ocean. He'd run away with her, if she wanted to. Didn't matter where— as long as he had her. Sora glanced at the black box sitting on top of his desk. His smile stretched further across his cheeks.

"I love you, too," Mikayo continued, her tone light. "Tell me all about your trip later, alright? I'll see you soon, Sora."

"See you soon."

He ended the call with a permanent curve on his face. Sora always felt better upon hearing her voice. It was like magic— the way his shoulders would relax, his tension dissipating. The way he could breathe again after a full day of stress. After a whole week of stress, really. He closed the lid of his laptop and set it aside, pushing himself back in his chair. There wasn't anything else to do but wait for the clock to chime to the hour and then head off to his next meeting. He twirled around in his chair, watching the great sky.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," Sora called.

Funai popped his head inside. "They're waiting for you," he informed.

Sora nodded. "On my way."

He stood up, stretching his arms over his head. With one last glance at his desk, fondness and excitement trilling in his veins, Sora left the office with his macho CEO facade. Oh, how I'd kill for a man like that.