054 | takeru's favourite soon to be uncle-in-law

oh, what a jolly holly christmas

DECEMBER TWENTY FIFTH,TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

13:16 in the afternoon

GLOWING LIKE A RIPE PEACH,  a wonderous invasion of colours, the sky brought forth warmth into the very heart of winter. Six soulmates walked side by side, pairs clasped together, hands joined together in secured grips. Oikawa latched onto Kageyama's side, Kindaichi held Iwaizumi's hand, the latter swinging their joint fingers lightly, and Kunimi relished in the warm, gentle grip encompassing his hand.

An idle conversation was shared, filling the silence. Contentment blanketed their shoulders; personalised Christmas sweaters decorated their fit, athletic bodies.

Bags of snacks and treats swung by a yapping Oikawa, words spewing out of his mouth. Like a puppy barking over his master's return, the brunet setter wouldn't shut up.

"Ooh! Should we stop in here and find some new movies to watch?" he questioned, pointing excitedly to the DVD store in Miyagi.

Iwaizumi shook his head. "You already have so many films at home, Shittykawa."

"But we've seen them all! Let's go find some new ones!"

And like they could ever argue against the (finally) happy boy, the soulmate six stepped into the store, Oikawa dragging Tobio to browse through the collections with him.

"Which should we get? The Japanese one or the English one?" he mused, tapping his chin thoughtfully. "I think the English one! It'll be hilarious to watch, and you can get in some good practice, Tobio-chan!"

Iwaizumi, Kindaichi and Kageyama blinked.

"Why even ask if you're going to decide?"

"It's polite, Iwa-chan."

Kunimi could not be bothered.

He and Sora watched as the quartet argued on what film or films to get. Gathering his courage, Kunimi shifted, leaning against Sora's chest. Whilst he acted cool and calm on the outside, Kunimi could feel his heart threatening to burst from his rib cage.

Sora looked down in surprise.

He didn't move.

Lips curled into a subtle smile. A chin laid on top of the younger's head.

Souls united, two souls that had been crafted with love thousands of years ago, drifting through time to meet once more.

"Have you finally decided?" Sora questioned, arms wrapped around Kunimi's shoulders, bringing him close to his chest, pressing up against his back. The others softened.

Their hearts warmed.

"Yup!" Oikawa nodded. "We're getting Home Alone and the new animated Grinch film!"