067 | join me as this chapter of their story comes to an end

his soul in love was sad, and the moon
on his left side trailed him without hope

his soul in love was sad, and the moonon his left side trailed him without hope

JANUARY SEVENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN

18:01 in the evening

"SHALL WE GO TO THE couch or head to bed?" came the endearing voice of Sora Suzuki, his fingers combing through Tobio's hair. He leaned into the touch with an absentminded hum in response to the question, and a tiny, content smile spread across his face. He could stay like this forever if Sora would allow it. Could stay wrapped up in his embrace— and perhaps, die happily.

"Bed, please," he answered.

The group followed his request. They walked up the stairs, playful banter shared between them. All except for one person who was quiet and focused on his surroundings— the happy smiles, the bright eyes. Tobio felt his hand being squeezed by his oldest soulmate, his face relaxed and blessed with a calm countenance. He pulled him closer. Tobio looked at him with upturned lips. They turned to watch the other parts of their soul climb the stairs ahead of them, reaching the top and turning to Sora's bedroom. They had grown comfortable, Tobio realised. Comfortable enough to walk around Sora's apartment as if it were their own homes.

The door was pushed open, and they stepped inside. While Sora and Tobio moved to the bed, already dressed in their nightwear, Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Kindaichi, and Kunimi went to their bags, unzipping them and taking out their necessities— toothbrush, toothpaste, facial cream, underwear, the whole shebang.

Sora couldn't take his eyes off them.

He sat against the backboard of the bed, the blankets pooling around his lap. He watched them with interest, feeling the way Tobio shuffled under the covers; his eyes, too, trained onto them. Their muscles flexed under their skin as they removed their clothes— tugging down their pants, yanking their shirts over their head. Sora licked his lips, eyes lidded. They could feel him burning holes into their backs. Could feel him wanting to say something but couldn't find the words. Their soulmates were in front of them, torsos bare and glistening under the room's lights.

Kindaichi's face flushed under the scrutiny. Heat travelled across his cheeks, down his neck, and spreading along his chest.

Kunimi's mouth felt dry. The hairs on the back of his neck prickled as subtle desire reverberated through their bond.

Iwaizumi's heart palpitated. It pounded heavily against his chest, making it difficult for him to breathe properly—he didn't dare show it. Too caught up in painting a facade of nonchalance to analyse his surroundings.

Oikawa's mind reeled with thoughts, both suggestive and panicky. He placed a hand on his neck, feeling the beat of his pulse, counting it, repeating the numbers in his head and slowly calming himself down.