030 | swear that you will fix things. swear it.

we do not know where we are going,
but we know where we belong

we do not know where we are going,but we know where we belong

JUNE THIRD,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

15:22 in the afternoon

"NERVOUS?" Tobio blinked, pulled out of his never-ending rumination. He turned to his soulmate, spotting him looking up at him from beside him on the bed, head resting on the pillow, brown hair sprawled around him. A halo blessing his head, he thought.

"Yes," he answered. "Kind of."

"Come here." Tobio did as told, laying back down in bed and shuffling into Sora's arms, relaxing as they wrapped around him, securing him tightly in his hold. "It'll be alright," he reassured, petting his head gently. "You have your team beside you. They'll be able to guide you. You've grown since your practice match with Seijoh. Just utilise what you've learnt."

Tobio nodded.

He didn't mention that he was worried about facing off with their soulmates.

━━━ ♔ • ♛ • ♔ ━━━

Tobio was flustered; that much was evident. The gap between him and Oikawa grew by the second, stretching over a significant, subterranean depth. It expanded further and further...his soulmate seemed so out of reach. Try as he might, with his arm outstretched, fingers reaching and reaching and reaching, Tobio couldn't make it. And it pained him so much.

Standing among Karasuno's supporters, Sora restrained himself. His jaw locked, teeth gritting together as he watched Karasuno and Aoba Johsai battle it out for the second time. Sora felt it all. The plethora of emotions washing over Tobioand overwhelming him, the inner turmoil he suffered through, the desire to grow and the obstacles upon facing that. Sora kept himself in check. He pushed away his emotions, kept away his anger and resentment, all because he didn't want to add more onto Tobio's piled up plate right now.

On the court below, sapphire eyes whirled over to his coach, mind fogged with insecurities.

Ukai understood immediately. He stood from the bench and called for a player switch, the referee blowing into his whistle as a signal. Kageyama was absolutely grateful for the break, relieved as Sugawara came over and placed a soothing hand on his back.

"I'm here, too, Kageyama," he said, softly rubbing circles into his back. "Relax. Clear your head. We got this."

"Thank you," he muttered, exhaustion clambering up his body, clinging onto his aching bones. Sugawara's lips curved into an amiable smile, and he squeezed his underclassman's shoulder in reassurance. He walked off onto the court, but Sora's eyes remained solely on Kageyama. Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Kindaichi and Kunimi's, too. They were worried about him. It showed in their eyes, showed on their faces in the form of furrowed eyebrows and frowning lips. They knew that, above all, they were going to win. They weren't going to sacrifice a game for their soulmate, no matter how much they used to love himstill love him.