078 | get in loser. we're going to therapy

man, oh man. i'm on a roll

DECEMBER TWENTY FIFTH,TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN

TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN

09:43 in the morning

MOVING TO HIS PARENTS' HOUSE, Sora was greeted by their ecstatic faces. Tsubasa and Kimiko Suzuki welcomed their son with open arms, ushering him into their house and offering him the room they had left for him— when they had bought this house in Tokyo, they had designated one room for him. Sora would drop by from time to time, spending a weekend with them before going back to his soulmates. Now, though, it seemed that this was more than just a weekend stay.

Sitting at the dinner table, a large array of food was spread across the surface. The table cloth was clean and pristine as it sat below all the plates. It looked like a banquet, a feast in itself. The smell emanating from it seemed to overwhelm Sora's senses for a moment, and he almost thought he might be sick.

"Not that we're not happy to see you," his mother started, sitting opposite him at the table, "but did something happen?" She was dressed in casual clothes, something that Sora rarely saw since she was always working.

"Why would you say that?" Sora wondered.

Kimiko arched her brows, amused. "Well, for one," she said, raising her index finger, "you arrived here at one in the morning." Then, she raised her middle finger, staring at her son pointedly. "And two, unprompted." The smile on her face was full of wrinkles. "Do you really expect me to believe that my romantic son would spend his Christmas with his old folks instead of his soulmates?"

Sora winced, and his father made a sound in the back of his throat. Tsubasa sat at the head of the table, a napkin laid on his lap. He, too, wore casual attire, something unusual to Sora. "Ah. I'm assuming you had a fight?"

"More than that," he mumbled, pushing the eggs on his plate. It was morning now. The sun had risen and began to spread her sunshine around the country, blessing it with yellow and gold. "We, uh- we broke up."

The looks they gave him made Sora's heart break even more. "What?"

How could you? You're leaving them behind. What kind of knight are you supposed to be?

"Is that why you want to take over the company so soon?" Tsubasa asked, surprised.

Sora nodded.

His mother reached for his hand, and her maternal warmth made the tears he had been holding back fall. "What happened?"

And so, Sora relayed everything to them. How his love was unhealthy. How he struggled to feel emotions. How he always felt numb. He spoke about everything, really. It felt good to talk about it, Sora realised. He felt better. His parents listened intently, and though their reactions were different than what he expected, they didn't turn away. Instead, they asked questions and offered him advice, which he gratefully took with open hands.