096 | what a dilf

there will always be a part of
him that waits for her

there will always be a part ofhim that waits for her

NOVEMBER SEVENTEENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN

09:24 in the morning

IT WAS EARLY NOVEMBER, and the lip of autumn was passing over the earth's teeth. The white pink petals of the kiku flowers were opening up like lacy fans in the breeze, a thin coat of ice lathering their skin. The temperature started to sink, and Sora found the longer days making their way back to him. It took on the shape of his hollow heart, calling to nobody.

He faced his mirror, bare and vulnerable.

He pursed his lips as he scanned himself. "How hideous."

His body was thinner than normal, the bones of his ribcage poking through his skin. Sora traced the ridges with his fingertip, cringing at the rough edges. He was so pale and lanky that he could've passed for a corpse, his muscles weathering from the lack of training.

I cannot make this kind of grief poetic. He looked like someone else, someone unlike him.

His black hair fell from his face, brushing his chin and collarbones as it slid down past his neckline. It was unkempt, untamed, after months of neglect. His eyes caught the glint of a white and orange outfit on his messy bed.

He sighed.

"I better clean up," he murmured. Sora entered his bathroom and took his time fixing himself. He shaved his prickly beard, taking care with each swipe of the razor on his foam-covered skin. After that, he combed his hair and fixed it with a hair tie, pulling the strands back into a half-bun. He brushed his teeth twice, spitting out his sins and the toothpaste.

He reached for the floral makeup bag on his shelf, his heart clenching.

Sora rummaged through it, reaching for the powder that she had bought for him. He applied it under his eyes, covering the dark bags.

When he deemed his appearance okay, Sora left the bathroom and searched for an outfit to put on. Today was an important day, not for himself but for his soulmates. He needed to put in some effort. Sora found a dark shirt tucked into his closet and put it on. A pair of black pants covered his legs and hung below his ankles. He pulled on a brown sweater, then slipped his feet into his black leather shoes.

With one last look in the mirror, he exited his bedroom, heading down the hallway and to Rin's nursery. "Rin?" he called softly, entering the room quietly so as not to startle his child. "You awake, baby?" Gurgles answered his call.

Sora's lips lifted into a smile.

"Good morning," he said as he approached his son. Rin was staring at him with his arms in the air, tiny fingers clenching and unclenching cutely. "Ready to go support Tobio today?"