024 | what a horrid reminder of their broken relationship

they love him.
the chapter still ended.

APRIL THIRTEENTH,TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

APRIL THIRTEENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

17:48 in the evening

WITH THE SCHOOL DAY completed, the Aoba Johsai four found themselves in the Iwaizumi household, seated in the living room, books scattered across the coffee table in front of the large couch that contoured into an L shape at both ends. Oikawa and Kindaichi were on the floor, the former helping his younger soulmate with his mathematics homework, showing him the correct way to answer the questions. Kunimi laid across the couch, scrolling through his phone. He didn't share the same class as Kindaichi, having been the more intelligent one, hence why he didn't have any homework due. He was in Class 1-4, whilst Kindaichi was in Class 1-2. It was a pain, not being in the same class, but after school volleyball practice and going over to each other's houses later made up for it.

Iwaizumi sat opposite the duo, his laptop perched upon the wooden table, papers organised neatly beside him. He was working on a research paper for one of his classes, going through his notes and writing up his essay on the online document a new aspect their school wanted to take upon. Online working.

A content silence encompassed the quartet. They relaxed in each others' company, hearts and minds soothing, a steady, constant thrum of emotions pouring through their bond all but two. They didn't ponder on it for long, not when they had gotten so used to the emptiness.

"You know," started Kunimi out of the blue, "you can say 'have a nice day', and there's no problem. But you can't say 'enjoy the next twenty-four hours' and not sound vaguely threatening."

Kindaichi turned to him and blinked.

"Seriously, 'Kira?"

"What?" he asked, flicking through the apps on his phone. "I saw it on an online post. Thought I'd share." Kunimi shrugged his shoulders and moved on without a care in the world.

Oikawa huffed fondly. "Well, thank you for the useful information. I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

"You don't need to," the sleepy first-year stated. "You always come off vaguely threatening."

"I do not! Yuu-chan!" He turned to Kindaichi, and the boy shrank away. "Do I?"

"Um..." Murky black eyes glanced away, sweat-dropping. He didn't want to hurt the setter's feelings, but he wasn't one to lie. "Kinda?"

Oikawa's eyes widened. "How?"

"Take a look in the mirror, Trashykawa."

"Ara?" A suggestive expression washed over Oikawa's face, and he turned to the more mature one of the bunch. "You saying my good looks throw people off?"