072 | it's giving me icarus

you don't have to sell
your body to the night

you don't have to sellyour body to the night

SOME RANDOM DAY,
TWO THOUSAND AND FOURTEEN

look at a clock

MONTHS HAVE PASSED, and each of the soulmate six have settled. Kageyama, Kunimi and Kindaichi are slowly but surely working their way through school, passing their tests, doing their homework, and playing volleyball to their hearts' content. Oikawa is working on himself in Argentina, fine-tuning his skills and getting to know his teammates better— he bounces off their experience, learning and adapting when shit hit the fan. Iwaizumi has delved into his degree, studying his ass off to get the best scores he knows he can get.

They're all growing. Slowly. Surely.

Only one remains the same.

The end of the year is slowly approaching. Sora's youngest soulmates are well into their third year of high school by now. Yes, time has flown by that fast. Why? Because this lovely author needs the story to progress, and timeskips are certainly her best friend.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi visit when they have time to spare, surprising their families with gifts and souvenirs. They call back home almost every night— sharing their tales of their day, their anticipations of tomorrow, and their excitements about the future.

Right now, it's a cold winter night. I've just realised I'm writing in present tense, but I'm sure that'll fade away when I get to the storytelling part of this chapter. The wind passes by the houses, checking in, peeking through the windows. When all is good and fair, it continues on its endeavouring trek.

"I'm home," calls a certain sea-eyed boy. Young adult, more like it. Sora's twenty now. Time has done him justice. The beauty of this man is breathtaking. His eyes are the colour of the water at sunrise, soft and gentle with an indescribable depth to them. Yet, there is something else. His eyes are passionate, no doubt about that, but there is a tiredness that circles the corners. His cheeks are dimpled, and he smiles openly, hiding the doors that shut his soul tight, closed off to the world.

Like petals of light falling from the moon.

Having come from his volunteering at the swimming centre, all Sora wants is nothing more than to sink into his soulmates' arms, hold them, and kiss them until they couldn't breathe. Exhaustion ways him down as he toes off his shoes, hangs up his coat and walks through Kageyama's house's entryway.

Sora knows he's changed in so many ways as the seasons drifted by— nevertheless, his heart still feels the same. The house is silent when he walks through, and it bothers him at first. Not much happens here anymore— the only exception being the frequent visits from Kindaichi and Kunimi, who have taken to visiting only when they needed some company or to study. They come and go; usually, Kageyama heads over to their houses. He said that it was become Sora distracted him too much, and the swimmer couldn't blame him— Tobio looked too good when he was studying, and Sora was an infallible man.