Chapter 7

Now that Ye Shu was living under the same roof and eating at the same table as Jin Wang, he would naturally use the ruler's bath as well.

Ye Shu stepped into the mass of warm water vapor, but the servant who sent him there was in no hurry to leave.

"What is it?"

The servant, oblivious, held out a pallet on which lay a fresh, unsealed box of creamy balm, overflowing with the faint fragrance of roses.

The servant said, "This humble servant serves you to bathe."

Ye Shu's eyes swept over the balm, and immediately went dark. "No! Get out!"

"But His Majesty instructed..."

Ye Shu sneered. "You dare to touch me?"

The servant trailed off.

To serve in the palace, one must know how to take cues from words and expressions, and gauge how the land lies.

Although the young man before the servant had now fallen into disgrace, he was also once the sole power over major issues and the infinitely glorious Prime Minister of the state whose means couldn't be underestimated.

This man had committed a serious crime, yet instead of executing him, His Majesty had secretly replaced the beam with rotten timber to bail him out, which showed his position in His Majesty's heart.

Such a man couldn't be provoked.

The servant thought and weighed the pros and cons before he put down the pallet, saluted Ye Shu and then withdrew.

The door closed and only Ye Shu was left inside the room.

Dog! Em! Pe! Ror!

Ye Shu was so angry and annoyed, hating the fact that he was now suffering under the yoke of another and had nowhere to escape.

Had he known where he would be today, he wouldn't have sought help back in the woods even if he was tormented to death by that drug in his body!

How could he pounce on just anybody? He had no composure, not even a little bit!

Ye Shu cursed Jin Wang and himself, and finished bathing in a huff.

The box of cream balm was still placed by the side.

To use or not to use?

Ye Shu couldn't make up his mind.

The monarch's words were to be taken seriously. There was no way that that dog

emperor had just spoken pleasantries about serving him tonight.

No, no, it's just him feeling conflicted.

But, back to this, how the hell does he use this...thing?

The water vapor from the bath was turning Ye Shu's face red. He gritted his teeth as he scooped up a bit of the balm with his fingertips and leaned back.

Ye Shu had never experienced such a thing in his life.

The delicate fragrance of roses melted on his fingers. Ye Shu casually fiddled around for a while, but that did nothing but make himself feel uneasy all over his body.

A few moments later, Ye Shu quickly cleaned his hands and put the thing back in place.

About half an hour passed before Ye Shu returned to the bedchamber.

As soon as he entered, he was suddenly embraced by a tall figure from behind.

Jin Wang buried his head in one side of his neck and sniffed softly. "Did you do it yourself?"