Chapter 3

The hall fell silent again.

Ye Shu grasped the soft silk quilt, his knuckles were tight and white, and he managed to control himself not to faint again.

What else did he want to say?

Does what he says he is still useful?

This scoundrel emperor.

Jin Wang was very patient. He sat by the bed and watched him quietly without urging.

The two were deadlocked for a while, and Ye Shu tremblingly asked: "If... if I said, I did this for your own good, would you believe me?"

Jin Wang obviously didn't expect him to say this, and nodded slightly: "Please explain the details."

Ye Shu quietly looked at him.

Jin Wang has always been happy and angry on the outside and even the attendants who have been with him for many years can hardly guess his inner thoughts. He was uncertain, maybe he was still chatting and laughing with others in the last second, and then he could kill him because a word didn't go well in the next second.

Companion with a monarch is like a companion with a tiger.

Ye Shu was so nervous that his stomach cramped. He rubbed his abdomen, bit his lower lips and said: "I... this minister found out that Xixia secretly sent a spy to Beijing. This is just to pretend... pretending to cooperate with him. This minister did all this to draw out their plan and help your Majesty to shovel out the enemy."

"Oh?" Jin Wang calmly said, "Go on."

"As for the Head of the Imperial Guard, he was rebellious early on, so this minister was naturally to wipe out the conspirators in the court." Perhaps he was too nervous, Ye Shu said all of his thoughts and he almost believed it, "Also, your majesty already know beforehand that someone would be assassinated last night?"

Jin Wang A raised eyebrow : "Young Master Ye wants to say that this matter has nothing to do with you?"

"That is correct!"

Ye Shu looked extremely nervous, "This minister is afraid of leaks, so he dared not inform your Majesty of the plan in advance. This is the only way to go. Passing the news. Fortunately, your Majesty is resourceful and coordinating with his ministers perfectly. This is...

The door was suddenly knocked gently.

Jin Wang raised his hand to stop Ye Shu words and called "Come in".

Several maids entered the hall carrying trays.

Ye Shu immediately smelled the aroma of the food, and there was a grunt in his belly.

Jin Wang smiled: "Are you hungry?"

"...Hmm."

Ye Shu hasn't gotten to eat rice since he transmigrate. He has the old problem of stomachache. He is easy to relapse when he is hungry, and the pain is severe. 

Jin Wang got up and said mildly: "Come on, speak while eating."

Ye Shu followed Jin Wang to the table, and the poison tester had already tried the food one by one.

Jin Wang waved back the crowd, pulling Ye Shu to sit down.

The food on the table was mostly light, Jin Wang personally filled a bowl of soft-boiled millet porridge and pushed it in front of Ye Shu.

Ye Shu glanced at him suspiciously.

It's a picture of brotherly love, saintly king and virtuous.

If he not read the book beforehand, he would have thought he was transmigrated into a novel of loving brotherhood relationship.

What is Jin Wang playing with him?

The tingling sensation in his abdomen became more and more obvious, Ye Shu didn't plan to create any more trouble so he obediently drank porridge.

Jin Wang didn't move his chopsticks, turned his head to look at him for a while, and said in a warm voice: "Young Master Ye just said that you revealed the news of the assassination to Gu's spy?"

Ye Shu paused for a while, with a natural expression: "Yes."

Jin Wang wrinkled slightly . He raised his eyebrows, seeming to wonder whether what he said was true.

In the book, it is actually that the original owner's subordinates are lax, and when the news is passed, they were detected by the secret agent in Beijing.

He is now shifting flowers and trees, describing this as a flaw he deliberately sold.

Jin Wang continued to ask, he could even tell which spy was, and at which link he got the news.

Luckily he came in the book.

Ye Shu was so proud that even the rice porridge he drank became sweet.

Jin Wang just supported his chin and asked curiously, "Could Young Master Ye tell Gu, how did you investigate Gu's spy so clearly?"

Ye Shu shook his hand, and the spoon fell into the porridge bowl.

In order to consolidate the regime, Jin Wang set up three hundred spies in Beijing when he became the Emperor. The spy wanders in the darkness, helping Jin Wang do everything that is not convenient for him.

Of course he knew it by reading the book, but in the book, this is the top secret information.

Knowing this secret, he would die worse than the mastermind.

A cold sweat formed on Ye Shu back, and his voice trembled unconsciously: "Your Majesty..."

Jin Wang smiled: "I'm alone, speak slowly."

Ye Shu has nothing to say.

He feels like he is jumping in a minefield, jumping is dead, not jumping is dead.

Ye Shu feel pain in his abdomen, and gave up on himself, "You already treat me well."

Jin Wang asked, "Why did Ai Qing say this ?"