Chapter 13

Ye Shu didn't answer. Chang Yuan, however, was the first to react. "No! I don't have any relationship with the young master. What I did today was all of my own conduct and deeds, and has nothing to do with him!"

Hearing this from him, Jin Wang tilted his head and asked, "He said it had nothing to do with you, is that so?"

Ye Shu averted his gaze and didn't answer.

"Very well..." Jin Wang said in his insipid tone, "The assassination of the ruler should be punished by capital punishment. Drag this away and cut him off."

Ye Shu hurriedly exclaimed, "Don't!"

This young guard once appeared in the book.

He was indeed the original owner's trusted subordinate, who was staunch and steadfast to the former. He was lucky enough to escape when the original owner was captured. After helplessly seeing the original owner being executed by the death of a thousand cuts, he sneaked into hiding and looked for an opportunity to assassinate Jin Wang.

But ultimately, the assassination failed and he died under the same punishment as the original owner.

Even if he was a book character, Ye Shu couldn't bear to see him die before his eyes. Let alone die for him.

"Did my beloved minister just...intercede for this assassin?" Jin Wang asked.

His voice was low and deep, with a palpable displeasure.

Ye Shu pursed his lips and was about to speak, but first let out a muffled hum. "Uh—!"

Jin Wang actually......

Ye Shu seized Jin Wang by the wrist, clenched his teeth and let out a tiny plea, "...Don't."

So many people here. Is this dog emperor mad?!

But Jinwang just gave a low sneer and easily broke away from Ye Shu's grip.

The mood from before has not yet subsided, and now was easily provoked again. The familiar dizzying feeling resurfaced even stronger, and Ye Shu's fingertips trembled as he helplessly grabbed the hem of Jin Wang's clothing.

However, the cloak concealed all the movements, only Ye Shu whose eyes gradually reddened at the corners from the teasing, could make out a few hints.

He felt the small area behind his ear began to burn once again.

Jin Wang whispered next to his ear and asked, "Speak. Wasn't my beloved minister going to intercede for him?"

Ye Shu's couldn't seem to find his voice.

The original owner's trusted subordinate was still kneeling in front of them, surrounded by another dozen or so highly skilled imperial guards. Being overly tense made him more resilient to the other party's bullying than ever. The other party, however, behaved in a relaxed manner, obviously determined to tease him, dead set on giving him a hard time.

The tight spot he was in was utterly unendurable.

Ye Shu really couldn't bear it any longer, whispering to seek clemency, "Your Majesty...I beg you."

This 'beg' was both for the guard, but even more for his own.

Jin Wang naturally heard his implication, yet didn't let go of his hold but calmly moved to increase his strength. "Not enough."

"...My beloved minister has to let Gu see his sincerity; only in that case will it be good enough."

The imperial guards had lowered their heads long before Jin Wang opened his mouth, and the assassin was also held down on the ground, thus no one could see their movements on the horse.