Chapter 11

Jin Wang carried Ye Shu back to the bedchamber.

Ye Shu had cried too much and still hadn't recovered, softly gasping for air from time to time.

Jin Wang put him on the bed and was about to straighten up when a pair of hands tugged on his sleeve.

The outer corner of the young man's eyes was red, droplets of liquid hanging off of moist eyelashes, clear and bright dark eyes—looking at him like a little rabbit, somewhat restless and afraid, not saying a word.

No man could stand such a look.

Jin Wang sighed and leaned over to embrace him again. "Gu won't leave."

With these words, he turned his head and ordered, "Prepare some hot water."

The personal attendant responded and went to do it. Ye Shu leaned his head in Jin Wang's embrace and breathed a silent sigh of relief.

He bet right.

From the time Jin Wang took out that pill, he had guessed that it shouldn't be poison.

Jin Wang was the ruler of the state. If he really wanted to execute anyone, there was no need for a reason at all, nor would he listen to any explanation.

By asking Ye Shu to give an explanation, it showed that he really didn't want Ye Shu to die.

But even if Jin Wang didn't have the heart to kill him, it was fact that the original owner plotted a rebellion and an assassination. Whatever the case, there was no way to hide it, so he might as well admit it as soon as he could.

He just didn't expect...this dog emperor to really fall for it.

His petty words usually wouldn't be taken seriously, right?

The personal attendant soon brought in the hot water. Jin Wang let the man withdraw, and wrung out the silk handkerchief himself to help Ye Shu wipe his face.

"A-Yuan..." Ye Shu grabbed Jin Wang's sleeve restlessly, his voice soft and trembling. "Am I already dead?"

Jin Wang's movement paused. "What nonsense."

"But I......"

"Gu told you, it wasn't poison."

Jin Wang's heart felt a little upset, saying, "That was the same pill you took before. Couldn't you taste it?"

It was in fact the suppressant.

Jin Wang had specially ordered the imperial physician to make extra pills—to keep one on his body just in case.

Who knew it would come in handy tonight.

Jin Wang had known Ye Shu for more than ten years, but this was the first time he had seen the man cry like this in front of him.

How many wrongs must he have suffered to make him this distraught.

Jin Wang thought back to the events of the past few days, and suddenly found that everything had changed.

Jin Wang dared not think about it. If this young man really did harbour such feelings for him, then how would he have felt about Jin Wang having sex with him that night, and how would he have been feeling about Jin Wang's frivolous behaviour towards him in the past few days.

Jin Wang took a deep breath and actually felt a vague tingling pain in his heart.

For the first time, His Majesty the Emperor felt some remorse.

He shouldn't have bullied him.

.........Hold on!

It was obvious he wanted to kill Gu, so why should Gu feel remorseful here?