Chapter 26

Ye Shu spat out a mouthful of ginger tea and nearly choked.

The imperial physician hurriedly stepped forward to help him, but Ye Shu avoided him and said, "Don't move. You said I... Ahem, Concubine An is...what?"

"Pregnant," The imperial physician answered. "It has been nearly two months."

Cough, cough, cough!

Ye Shu coughed even more violently.

Pregnant??? Are they both hearing that same word???

As in pregnant, pregnant? Giving-birth-to-a-child, pregnant???

It took a while for Ye Shu to recover, and his hand subconsciously fell on his abdomen. Earth dragons were burning in the Hall of Yang Xin, creating a gentle warmth. Ye Shu was only wearing a thin inner garment, and beneath it, he could clearly feel a soft little bulge in his lower abdomen.

For the past two months, he had often been sleepy and nauseous, but he never knew why. The imperial physician only said that there was no problem, thus he didn't doubt it too much, let alone think about the possibility of being pregnant.

Nonsense! What ordinary man would think he was pregnant ah??!

Furthermore, why did this old fellow appear completely unfazed?

Just what kind of book had he really transmigrated into???

Ye Shu was tremendously befuddled. It was simply impossible to make sense of it. He first forced himself to calm down and asked the most logical counter question, "I...Concubine An is a man. Why would he be...pregnant?"

He bit down hard on those last two words, while physician Feng replied casually, "Concubine An is a Kunjun. According to conventional reasoning and common sense, why wouldn't it be possible for him to get pregnant?"

"Kunjun?" Ye Shu was puzzled. "Isn't a Kunjun a brothel boy?"

Physician Feng, "?"

Ye Shu, "......"

The two looked at each other. Ye Shu then held his forehead and said, "Just... go on, continue."

A few moments later, Ye Shu, with his head full of new terms he had never heard of, flopped face up on the small couch. He even thought that after all he had been through, he would no longer be surprised by any novel settings in this book, but what physician Feng said...was really beyond his expectations.

Qianjun? Kunjun? Faith incense? Why can men in this world get pregnant?!

"Young master?" Seeing that he had not spoken for a long time, physician Feng called him by the side, "Young master, this is no trivial matter. How do you plan to deal with Concubine An?"

Deal? I want to deal with you first!

This man would never dare to conceal from him the news of his own pregnancy. Since he didn't state it before, Jin Wang had definitely warned him. If he hadn't learned the truth by mistake using his identity as Concubine An, he didn't know how much longer this man would have continued to collude with Jin Wang to keep him in the dark.

Good thing he found out in time. What would happen if he had only found out when the child was about to come out?

These traitors!

Ye Shu glared viciously at physician Feng.

Physician Feng, "???"

The more Ye Shu thought about it, the angrier he became, until he suddenly thought of a plan and sat up. "This matter is tied to the imperial family's prestige. You must not inform His Majesty that you know about this."