Chapter 33

Less than half an hour later, Jin Wang carried Ye Shu, who had finished bathing, back to the bedchamber.

Ye Shu sank into the soft bed, too tired to move a finger. Jin Wang lowered his head to kiss him, but was avoided by the frowning Ye Shu.

"Go away..." Ye Shu's voice was somewhat hoarse and weak, without much energy.

Jin Wang pinched his earlobe and softly coaxed, "Bear with it a little longer... Good boy."

Ye Shu fiercely glared in exchange.

His Majesty the monarch was certainly not incompetent in this area; on the contrary, he was too competent.

But no matter how competent he was, there was no use for it now either.

Whether it was kissing and embracing, or appeasement and relief, to a Kunjun, it was like trying to quench his thirst with a drop of water. After a short period of relief, he would feel more impatient and unfulfilled instead.

The more Ye Shu thought about this, the angrier he became. He was both angry at himself for being so horny, and angry at the culprit who made him that way.

He turned over and pulled the quilt over him, leaving only the fluffy back of his head sticking out.

Jin Wang ceded. "Gu will go deal with the affairs of the state first. Rest more, remember to have lunch on time."

Ye Shu intended to ignore him, but he sensed him continue standing in front of the bed and staring at him, so he had to duly answer, "Understood."

Jin Wang smiled, lowered his head and kissed Ye Shu's hair, then left the bedchamber.

Only when the door closed did Ye Shu rolled over and get off the bed.

He knelt on the bedside, bent over to grope for the jade bottle Jin Wang had casually dropped under the bed earlier until he finally grasped it.

This thing couldn't be lost.

Ye Shu scanned his eyes around the chamber and eventually placed it far behind the front line of the bookshelf, hiding it away safely and securely.

Having done so, Ye Shu dusted his hands and looked down at his lower abdomen.

"All your fault," Ye Shu said in a whisper. "Behave yourself these next few days. If I get tossed about by your father again, look out; for your little life may not be guaranteed."

The child who may lose his life at any time. "......"

The following day at noon, the Great Yan's envoy reached the capital.

His Majesty the monarch led his subjects to the city gate to welcome the party and then settled them in the palace to wait for the state banquet in the evening which was a welcoming reception for the envoy.

Ye Shu didn't go to the city gate.

As a matter of fact, when he woke up, the envoy had already taken residence in the Huitong building bestowed to foreign visitors by His Majesty.

......Jin Wang didn't even call him.

The monarch was busy entertaining the envoy that day and had no time to go back to the bedchamber to dine with Ye Shu, who sluggishly finished his lunch, after which a servant brought him the clothes he had to wear for the banquet.

It was black and red court dress.

The court dress was made from the finest of materials and depicted the pattern of a phoenix. The style was intricate yet unassuming—very similar to the one Jin Wang usually wore.