Chapter 34

Yu Yan, the noble prince of Great Yan, froze for a moment suddenly hearing that cold voice behind him, and then turned back unhurriedly to face the newcomer and saluted, "Greetings, Your Majesty."

Jin Wang slowly stalked up to them and asked, "What are you two talking about?"

Yu Yan remained composed. "The noble consort merely reminded me of an old friend,

I couldn't help but want to exchange a few words."

"Old friend?"

Jin Wang narrowed his eyes slightly as he cast an inquiring look up at Ye Shu on the imperial palanquin.

"I don't know him," Ye Shu said with certainty. "He's confusing me with someone else."

Yu Yan, "......"

Yu Yan's gaze swept back and forth over the two and then heaved a sigh, "Well...then, I'll think of it as a mistaken identity. I'll take my leave first."

Saying that, he looked at Ye Shu rather regretfully.

Ye Shu, "......"

Yu Yan turned to leave. Jin Wang withdrew his gaze before it fell on Ye Shu once again.

Ye Shu constrainedly smiled at him.

Are all these emperors from the same family of dogs, giving him a rough time on the first meeting?!

The imperial palanquin slowly headed to the palace. Ye Shu was wrapped in Jin Wang's embrace, his head bowed sheepishly.

His hunch was right.

There was really nothing good about this second prince of Great Yan coming here.

In the book, there hadn't been any contact between the original owner and Yu Yan, but earlier, the latter spoke of the original owner's alias before him, which proved that there had indeed been correspondence between them.

The original owner being hand in glove with Yu Yan...was it also to plot rebellion?

If so, the purpose of this man coming to Chang Lu......

Ye Shu tried to remember, but couldn't for the life of him recall any details of the original owner's contact with Yu Yan.

He was so disturbed by his thoughts that he didn't notice Jin Wang's hand come up and stroke his earlobe dangerously.

"What are you thinking about?" Jin Wang asked.

Ye Shu snapped out of it and looked up to meet Jin Wang's gaze, then hastily averted his eyes. "N-Nothing."

Jin Wang played with Ye Shu's earlobe, his fingertips sweeping over the tiny mole behind his ear from time to time, and said unperturbed, "Yu Yan said he reminded you of an old friend."

"......" Ye Shu replied, "He's confusing me with someone else."

Jin Wang hummed ambiguously, his voice remained smooth and unperturbed, "Since my beloved consort and he have never met, then could his acquaintance be...Minister Ye?"

Ye Shu's heart skipped a beat.

Jin Wang was horribly perceptive in this matter.

Ye Shu feigned composure. "I......I don't even know him, certainly, neither does Minister Ye."

His expression remained composed, but in his heart, he had already cursed the second prince of Great Yan to death.

Yu Yan, that asshat, he had such a hard time cajoling Jin Wang not to look into the previous assassination further, yet now here he was, actually adding to the drama. This man beside him would go "delulu" again.