Chapter 12

Ye Shu was not sure if Jin Wang believed him. But from that day on, Jin Wang didn't continue to test him in all sorts of ways, and his approach towards him also took a turn for the better.

This just proved that his trick that day was quite successful.

......Except for that epic embarrassment in the bath.

Ye Shu admitted that he was a man who had no control over his lower half. He could only say that everyone had a heart for beauty.

Jin Wang, after all, was a rare beauty. From being pressed to the poolside by a beauty, kissing wildly, to having unintended consequences, none of it was normal.

That's right! That's how it is.

Ye Shu convinced himself and continued to play the role of the monarch's unmarried Noble Consort with a peace of mind.

And of course, he'd never abandon his plan to escape.

It was just that the Western Xia's spies were caught and killed. Escape through this route could be considered thoroughly disrupted.

He had to think of some other plan.

"What are you thinking of again?"

The clatter of the horses' hooves came from the front. Ye Shu raised his head as Jin Wang threw the recurve bow in his hand to the attendant; his handsome countenance looked displeased. "Gu let you come out to hunt and exercise your physique, but look at you, being lazy there?"

"......" Goddamn hunting and exercise, he can't even pull a bow.

Ye Shu put down the warm sour plum drink in his hand and calmly said, "Your Majesty, this subject hasn't learned how to hunt."

As he spoke this, several attendants were following at a distance, carrying various prey that Jin Wang had just hunted.

Ye Shu glanced away. There were, in great abundance, no less than a dozen goats, red deer, and hares.

Some of the prey had yet to stop breathing, and therefore, the attendants were slitting their throats with a knife, spattering blood three feet away.

The hunting ground was filled with the overpowering stench of blood, and Ye Shu hadalready vomited once.

So far, his complexion had not remained particularly good, and he could only drink the sour plum drink to alleviate the nausea in his stomach.

"Learn if you haven't," Jin Wang stationed his horse in front of Ye Shu and held out his hand to him. "Come up, Gu will teach you."

Ye Shu, with some resistance, said, "But..."

"Isn't there a caning of twenty strokes from the Department of Prudence......"

The two didn't return to the imperial palace, thus Ye Shu naturally hadn't had the time to go to the Department of Prudence to receive the punishment. In addition, Jin Wang also didn't mean to hasten this matter but merely mentioned this sentence from time to time to find Ye Shu being troubled.

Jin Wang smiled in satisfaction, leaned over and pulled Ye Shu up onto the horse and wrapped him into his embrace.

He took the recurve bow from the attendant and spurred his horse toward the woods.

It was already late autumn, but the day was actually graced by a rare fine weather.

The genial sunshine was warm and welcoming. Ye Shu took a deep breath of pleasant air in the woodland and the nausea from a moment ago finally abated.

......At least he wouldn't vomit on Jin Wang.

As Jin Wang pulled open the cloak, he looked down to see Ye Shu's whole body gathered into his embrace with a pale face, he suddenly thought of a matter, "When did you start feeling sick at the sight of blood?"