Chapter 37

Ye Shu's consciousness gradually became chaotic, and Yu Yan's voice seemed to be floating over from a great distance.

"I-I don't know exactly what will happen." This was the first time that Yu Yan had encountered such a situation, and he said anxiously, "The physician who had prescribed it to me said that Kunjun shouldn't use any medications for suppressing faith incense while pregnant, otherwise it may cause the faith incense to go out of control and would harm their health."

"It's not like I could get pregnant, of course I wouldn't ask for such details!"

He picked up the cup of warm tea and set about pouring it wholly into the incense burner, extinguishing the incense in a split second.

But it was already too late.

That room had already been filled with suppressing incense, and Ye Shu had been in it for at least an hour, which was more than enough time for it to take its effect.

Ye Shu felt so hot that he could hardly breathe, and his cheeks flushed with a red tinge.

He slowly sat down at the table, slumped low, as if trying to curl himself up.

Yu Yan trotted towards the windowsill, intending to open it, but Ye Shu stopped him and demanded, "What are you doing?"

"Opening the window to let in fresh air!" Yu Yan appeared more anxious than he was, saying, "We can let the suppressing incense in the room dissipate a bit."

Ye Shu firmly said, "No way."

The faint fragrance of green plum began to diffuse throughout the room. Ye Shu, with a weak yet clear voice, said, "If you open the window, the entire Huitong Building will find out that there's something off about me, how are you planning to explain it? By concealing your identity as a Kunjun's and ruining my reputation? Or by disclosing your identity for my reputation?"

The stately consort became like this in another man's room, even if they really didn't do anything untoward, it was impossible for anyone else to harbour no doubt.

Yu Yan straightened out his thoughts and forced himself to maintain composure, "What should we do now then?"

Before Ye Shu could respond, a man's voice suddenly came forth from outside, "Master, what's going on?"

Martial arts practitioners had a keen sense of hearing. As Mu Yungui was guarding outside, he immediately sensed that there was something unusual inside the room.

The door moved slightly. Mu Yungui was apparently trying to push the door in.

"Don't come in!" Yu Yan looked at Ye Shu who had curled himself up completely on his seat. He took a deep breath and promptly said, "Go and call on the Emperor, say that the noble consort suddenly fainted while meeting me in Huitong Building, and ask him to come over as quickly as possible."

Mu Yungui hesitated for a moment, before he responded, "Yes."

The sound of footsteps outside gradually faded. Yu Yan breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to help Ye Shu.

"What are you doing..."

"Take it easy. I'll help you to bed so you can lie down for a while." The fragrance of Kunjun's faith incense in the room was getting so concentrated that even Yu Yan could hardly breath. He looked away and said in a low voice, "Jin Wang will be here soon, just hold on a little longer."

Ye Shu, "......Okay."

Yu Yan supported Ye Shu, and as soon as the latter touched the bed, he curled up his arms and legs with a forceful jerk.