Chapter 41

Ye Shu moved to Yongshou Palace the next day.

No longer being watched constantly by Jin Wang's people and no longer having to be so worried about upsetting the tyrant's life every day, Ye Shu's life was finally at peace.

......My ass.

Ye Shu looked up at the gauze net above his head, his eyes surprisingly bright in the darkness.

He couldn't even sleep.

During his days in Yangxin Hall, he slept on the same bed with Jin Wang, being held in his arms night after night. Ye Shu had never been that close to anyone, thus he was actually quite unaccustomed to it at first, but in order to keep his life, he had no choice but to bear it.

Months went by, and now he wasn't used to not having someone beside him.

He wasn't used to having no one to take his hair accessories off, no one to read to him at bedtime, and no one to take him into their arms and stroke his hair when his sleep was restless.

Blame it all on that dog emperor.

Ye Shu turned over in exasperation as he thought about it.

Perhaps because he had decided to give Ye Shu some space, Jin Wang seldom came to Yongshou Palace these days, only occasionally stopping by to have a meal and leaving afterwards, with no intention of spending the night.

Accustomed to seeing His Majesty and the noble consort's sticking to each other like glue, the palace servants were even talking about it privately, whether the noble consort had fallen out of favour.

In fact, throughout the previous dynasties, even when it came to the late emperor who was so obsessed with beauty, there were few concubines who could spend the night in Yangxin Hall, not to mention spending several months there.

Living in the Yongshou Palace is what a favoured concubine ought to expect.

However, no one these days seemed to remember this.

The rumours of the noble consort falling out of favour even reached Ye Shu's ears, which he simply dismissed with a laugh. The fact that the man in question didn't object meant that he acquiesced, hence the rumours became increasingly prevalent.

By the third day of the rumour mill, Jin Wang finally couldn't sit still.

Ye Shu was still asleep when His Majesty rushed to Yongshou Palace.

He did not take anyone with him, nor did he allow the palace servants to announce his arrival, and entered the chamber quietly by himself.

The earth dragons inside ran at an optimum temperature. Ye Shu was only covered with a thin silk quilt, his fair and fine ankles stuck out from the quilt. Jin Wang covered them with his hand and felt them somewhat cold.

Ye Shu merely stirred erratically and stayed asleep.

Jin Wang's palm covered the other party's ankle until he had warmed the small area of cold skin before slowly easing upwards.

Ye Shu faced the other side of the bed, leaving him with only a thin back.

Jin Wang leaned over and took the man in his embrace.

"Mhmm..."

Ye Shu murmured, seemingly sensing a familiar embrace in his slumber, and instinctively nuzzled towards Jin Wang.

Rather than waking up, he slept more soundly.

Jin Wang's eyes softened as he gazed down at the man, his fingers stroking his hair idly.