Chapter 42

The man had a youthful countenance and looked younger than Jin Wang. A tiny cinnabar mole dotted the outer corner of his eye, though not in any way feminine.

Ye Shu had recently read many books about Kunjun and recognized at first sight that that tiny mole was the definitive feature of a Kunjun.

It should have sunk in by now that the world he was in was far from the one he came to know in the books.

The same way that the beauty presented to Jin Wang at that time had turned into a Kunjun, now the female interest that should have been introduced to Jin Wang had also become a Kunjun.

Ye Shu sneered at this.

How adaptive.

As their party stepped out of the imperial study, Jin Wang raised his head in the midst of his words and happened to meet Ye Shu's gaze.

Seemingly not expecting Ye Shu to come to see him, a trace of surprise flashed in Jin Wang's eyes before he shot a distant smile at Ye Shu.

With an impassive expression, Ye Shu decisively lowered the curtain, shutting out Jin Wang's view.

Jin Wang, "......"

What did Gu do wrong again?

"......What is Your Majesty looking at?" The Lord Protector was talking to Jin Wang when he saw that the latter appeared to be a bit distracted, and asked with a turn of his head.

Jin Wang pondered for a moment then said in an insipid tone, "Wait a moment."

With that, he left the man outside the imperial study and strode off in the direction of the imperial palanquin.

The inner servants all saluted. Jin Wang paid no attention to them and directly lifted the curtain of the palanquin open.

The Lord Protector, "???"

Inside the imperial palanquin, Ye Shu moved to the side, turning his head away from him. "Hmph."

"......"

Jin Wang maintained his composure as he sat beside Ye Shu, then took the latter's hand into his palm. "How long have you been outside, how come you didn't come in?"

It had snowed hard the previous night and was freezing cold at present, plus there was no heating inside the palanquin, certainly not as much as indoors.

It was only then that Ye Shu noticed that his fingers had frozen cold.

Jin Wang took his hand and tucked it into his arms. Ye Shu's fingertips wiggled, but in the end, he didn't bother pulling it out of the heat source.

He turned his gaze away and said coldly, "I will wait for as long as possible for Your Majesty as he conducts his affairs with others."

He deliberately stressed the words 'conducts his affairs.'

Jin Wang's eyes flickered as he raised his arm to take him into his embrace. "No wonder you're so cold to the touch."

Ye Shu frowned as he reached out to push him. "Go away......"

Jin Wang didn't budge and instead approached closer, holding the other against the back of the seat, with some amusement in his pair of handsome eyes. "Upset?"

"......" Ye Shu turned his head to the side without answering.

Jin Wang smoothly kissed him on his cheek. "Don't be upset. I was wrong."

His voice was so soft that Ye Shu's expression appeared rather tense and he said stiffly, "I'm not upset, why should I be?"

"Right, why should you be......" Jin Wang looked at him with a smile, the tip of his nose affectionately touched Ye Shu's cold cheek. "Let me guess, was it because I promised to accompany you today, only to leave you behind?"