Chapter 30

Jin Wang carried Ye Shu back to the bedchamber and was immediately greeted by a servant. He handed over the branch of plum blossoms and issued an order to summon the physician. He laid Ye Shu on the small couch, took off his snow covered white fox fur, and took the ginger tea brought by the servant to feed it to Ye Shu.

Ye Shu reached out to take it. "I'll help myself—"

Jin Wang frowned slightly. Ye Shu immediately withdrew his hand and obediently drank a mouthful.

After finishing the tea, Jin Wang pulled over the velvet quilt to wrap Ye Shu in as he spoke, "How do you feel now? Still uncomfortable?"

Ye Shu shook his head.

He had played so much just then that he really did feel some abdominal pain when they were about to return. Frightened, Jin Wang promptly carried him back.

It was, however, only a momentary discomfort, as now there was nothing out of order.

Jin Wang held Ye Shu's cold hands in the hollow of his palms and said coldly, "See if I let you play again."

Ye Shu huddled in the velvet quilt, not daring to respond. His gaze swept to Jin Wang's forearm where, beneath his sleeve, a sliver of blood-stained bandage was visible, and he said anxiously, "Did your wound split open again? Let me see—"

"Stop moving," Jin Wang held the man down, unperturbed. "Why bother with this minor injury..."

He turned his head and paused as he saw Ye Shu's aggrieved eyes. "Alright, Gu will have the imperial physician re-bandage it later."

Ye Shu let out a low 'hmn.'

The servant came and brought a jade vase, within which the branch of plum blossoms that Ye Shu had conveniently picked was placed. The accumulated snow on the flowers had by then been melted by the earth dragons in the chamber. The delicate petals seemed to have been washed with water as snowmelt trickled down.

Jin Wang placed the jade vase on the small table upon which he usually dealt with his state affairs.

Ye Shu looked at his cautious movements and gave a short, half-suppressed laugh.

This man... How silly. And really cute.

"What?" Jin Wang asked.

"It's... It's nothing." Ye Shu held back his laugh and shook his head. "Your Majesty, this branch of plum blossom won't last long having been broken off. Why bother to place it in there?"

"It's no bother," Jin Wang touched the petals gently and mumbled, "This way, it can still last for a few more days."

Ye Shu heard the meaning behind his words.

Because you gave it to me, I want it to last for a few more days.

Ye Shu's heart quivered. He collected his eyes and shifted his body a bit and patted the empty space beside him. "Your Majesty, sit over here ba."

Jin Wang then sat down.

Ye Shu rolled on the couch and rolled directly into Jin Wang's embrace.

"You—" Jin Wang hurriedly caught him.

Ye Shu pillowed his head on Jin Wang's lap and wrapped his arms around the waist, and smilingly said, "So comfortable. Your Majesty, please, let me lie down for a while."

Jin Wang said, "But Gu hasn't changed yet."

Ye Shu firmly grasped the hem of his clothes and closed his eyes. "No need. I'll just lie down for a while."