Chapter 40

"What are you two talking about?"

Jin Wang's voice resounded from ahead of them. Not waiting for Ye Shu to answer, Yu Yan bowed to him. "I am presenting a gift to the noble consort."

Jin Wang, "What is it, open it and let Gu take a look?"

"Don't," Yu Yan pressed the brocade box and tilted his head as he smiled at Jin Wang.

"There are so many eyes here, so many distractions. Your Majesty should open it together with the noble consort once you two have returned to the palace."

Jin Wang's eyes flickered slightly and met Yu Yan's eyes, vaguely perceiving something.

Jin Wang then nodded after a moment. "Gu understands. The second prince is thoughtful."

Yu Yan soon set out with his mission. Jin Wang ordered an attendant to put away the box and then went up to carry the man.

"!" Ye Shu, suddenly suspended in midair, was taken aback. "What are you doing?!"

"Carrying you to the carriage," Jin Wang looked down at him. "No more weak legs?"

Ye Shu, "......"

There were not just courtiers, but also numerous common people to see off the mission at the city gate. Jin Wang's actions were visible to all.

Ye Shu's ears reddened slightly and then said in a low voice, "So many people are watching."

Jin Wang chuckled. "Isn't it good to let them know how spoiled you are?"

"You—"

"Now, be good," Jin Wang kissed Ye Shu on the side of his face. The latter only gave him a glare and ceased moving at once.

Jin Wang carried Ye Shu to the carriage and ordered his escorts to drive back.

As for what the courtiers and the common people would view in this, His Majesty didn't give a damn.

They traveled through the carriage to the palace gate before changing to imperial palanquin, which took them to Yangxin Hall.

Jin Wang carried Ye Shu out and turned his head as he ordered someone to summon the imperial physician and then strode into the hall.

Yangxin Hall's servants were at the most leisure in the entire imperial city these days, and as soon as they spotted His Majesty returning with someone in his arms, they all withdrew one after another from the bedchamber to leave space for the two.

Jin Wang lowered Ye Shu to the bed and reached out to help him take off his court dress.

"I'll do it myself!" Ye Shu covered his lapel as he drew back.

The three-day experience had cast a considerable psychological shadow on Ye Shu, who now felt totally uneasy spending time alone with Jin Wang. Coincidentally, Jin Wang nowadays hardly allowed the servants to serve them and instead did

everything by himself. It could be described euphemistically as 'performing well for Ye Shu to behold.'

Ye Shu's wasn't actually repelled by Jin Wang's touch, on the contrary, it didn't upset him, but he kind of...desired it.

Damn this Kunjun's constitution.

Ye Shu's cheeks flushed. For the life of him, he refused to let Jin Wang touch him, and to show his seriousness, he even pulled down the gauze curtains, changing clothes separately from Jin Wang.

The two of them changed into their bedclothes. Ye Shu straightened his belt as he walked towards the table, where the brocade box Yu Yan had gifted was placed.