Chapter 32

Ye Shu was so frightened that he almost fell straight off the bed.

It was a good thing that imperial physician Feng was close to him and gave him a hand in the nick of time.

Jin Wang quickly approached and held up Ye Shu. "Careful. Are you alright ba?"

"......alright," Ye Shu shivered guiltily for a moment and then grasped Jin Wang's clothes. "Why did Your Majesty come back so early today?"

"There was nothing of great consequence at the court session today, so Gu left a bite arlier." Jin Wang idly stroked Ye Shu's hair and added, "Recently you keep saying that you're bored just lying in bed these days, so Gu thought Gu should come back early to keep you company."

......Who would have thought that as soon as he arrived, he would hear this man asking another person to hide something from him.

Jin Wang had been the ruler for many years. He knew that the most taboo secrets were the ones that must not be divulged, especially when they came from this man's mouth.

It was definitely nothing good.

These thoughts ran through Jin Wang's mind as he softly asked, "What were you and Imperial Physician Feng talking about?"

Ye Shu, "......"

"Gu seems to have heard you say to the Imperial Physician that something must not be made known to Gu ?" Jin Wang's eyes narrowed slightly, his voice calm and gentle, "What secrets do you and the Imperial Physician have that you want to hide from Gu?"

Ye Shu didn't dare to respond. Jin Wang tilted his head to look at the physician by the side. "Maybe Imperial Physician Feng can tell?"

Physician Feng glanced at Ye Shu in Jin Wang's arms, and he didn't dare to speak either.

Jin Wang calmly said, "Do you know what the punishment is for tricking the monarch?"

Physician Feng fell to his knees. "Your Majesty, calm your anger!"

"It was all my idea. Don't take it out on him." Ye Shu grabbed Jin Wang's wrist.

It had been a long time since Jin Wang had spoken in such a tone in his presence, and when he did, it proved that he was angry.

And angry as hell he was.

Jin Wang paid no heed to him, and continued to question physician Feng, "Say it."

A layer of cold sweat rose on physician Feng's back. He gazed at the attendants standing not far away and said in a low voice, "Can Your Majesty please dismiss the attendants?"

"No," Jin Wang sneered. "What shameful matter is it that you cannot even say it in front of others?"

Jin Wang's tone allowed no refutation. "Just say it."

"This..." Physician Feng looked utterly hesitant.

Concubine An is pregnant with someone else's child. How can such a thing be said in the presence of so many people?

Wouldn't His Majesty lose face if he spoke this out loud?

No way would he say it at present.

The atmosphere in the hall momentarily came to a standstill.

Physician Feng didn't answer for a long time. Jin Wang ran out of patience and ordered insipidly, "Drag him out and punish him with a caning of fifty strokes. We'll put off this discussion until after the punishment."

"Stop!" Ye Shu suddenly spoke. "It was me who wanted the imperial physician to help me make the medicine!"

Jin Wang lowered his head and asked, "What medicine?"