Chapter 25

Imperial Physician Feng had never seen Ye Shu's superb acting skills. Without a shadow of doubt, he came forward to check Ye Shu's pulse right away.

He put his fingers on Ye Shu's wrist, and after a few moments of silence, his eyes suddenly brightened.

Concubine An's pulse is clearly......clearly a happy pulse!

Indeed, as expected of His Majesty; not only did Minister Ye get pregnant not long ago, even Concubine An is expecting soon. Chang Lu is blessed by the Heavens! Congratulations!

Physician Feng was about to convey the happy news to the young gentleman on the dragon bed, when his expression suddenly froze.

Hold on... This pulse... How?

The canopy of the bed was hanging low. From the outside, one could vaguely see a figure reclining on the dragon bed. The corners of physician Feng's mouth twitched, his complexion shifting a few times.

Concubine An had a happy pulse indeed, but his pregnancy... It had been, by any measure, almost two months.

And two months ago, Concubine An had not entered the harem yet.

Physician Feng was shocked to find out that he seemed to have discovered some imperative secret of the imperial family that could only be known to insiders. His complexion immediately turned ghastly pale.

Ye Shu was leaning against the bed, watching physician Feng's expression through the small gap of the gauze canopy, somewhat impatient.

Why does this old fellow's expression keep shifting? What is he thinking?

Under no circumstances should his gentle and virtuous persona crumble!

Ye Shu cleared his throat and asked softly, "What has the physician found out?"

Physician Feng shuddered and came back to his senses. As a senior citizen who had survived three dynasties, he had already travelled far and wide and seen a good deal of affairs, but had never been embroiled in such an absurd one. He wouldn't let slip such a scandal of the imperial family no matter what.

Moreover, it seemed as though Concubine An didn't know he was pregnant at all.

Things can still develop.

Physician Feng, in the twinkling of an eye, had already thought things through. He let goof Ye Shu's hand, barely maintaining a steady tone as he said, "Young master lacks qi and blood. It's advisable to have a good rest for a few days. Tonics are also appropriate..."

A few moments later, physician Feng left the Hall of Yang Xin, and only then did he find that his back had already broken out into a layer of cold sweat.

Inside the hall, Ye Shu lifted the canopy, the doubts in his heart finally dissipated.

Did that mean, there really was nothing wrong with his body?

About one and a half hours passed before Jin Wang came back.

Ever since the imperial physician recommended that the pregnant Kunjun must go for a walk and bathe in the sunlight, Jin Wang would set aside an hour to accompany Ye Shu after the morning court every day, and would only then go to the imperial study to deal with official duties.

Jin Wang untied Ye Shu's gold chain, took him out of the Hall of Yang Xin and mounted the imperial palanquin.

To be exact, it was His Majesty the monarch and Concubine An.

Jin Wang could never understand the joy this man got from playing two roles.

"How dull it is to be locked up in the palace ah. There isn't even a single fun thing to do. Do you want me to die of boredom?" Ye Shu thus said.