Chapter 19

The rest of the days, Jin Wang confined Ye Shu in his bedchamber to recuperate.

...Goddamn recuperate.

He had just stood for a few hours. His muscles indeed ached and would obviously get better in a day or two, but Jin Wang acted as if he was seriously hurt. For several days in succession, he wouldn't allow him to leave the bed, carrying him personally everywhere he went.

The intimacy made Ye Shu ill at ease.

"Where do you think you're going again?" Before Ye Shu's feet could touch the ground, Jin Wang immediately looked up from the memorial.

Ye Shu paused and subconsciously felt somewhat diffident, but soon came back to his senses. He boldly said, "I want to take a bath before I sleep."

Jin Wang put down the memorial, got up and walked towards Ye Shu.

Ye Shu backed away as though confronted by a formidable enemy. "What are you going to do?"

"Carry you to the pool."

"......" Ye Shu angrily said, "I've been able to walk again for a long time now!"

Jin Wang ignored him and directly picked him up. Ye Shu tried his best to struggle, but the latter gently pinched his lower back, and he suddenly felt as if an electric shock coursed through his entire body; even his spinal cord tingled and went numb.

His body was a million times more sensitive these days than it used to be. He was most afraid of Jin Wang using this approach on him.

Ye Shu stopped moving and obediently let Jin Wang carry him to the pool.

The hot spring water disembogued into the pool from the tap above. Jin Wang placed Ye Shu by the pool and reached out to untie his clothes.

Ye Shu clutched the front of his clothes. "I have always been able to do this by myself."

Jin Wang's hand paused and he took a half step back.

Ye Shu, not fearing being looked at by him, undid his robe and mumbled, "I'm not so delicate. When you do this, you always make me feel like I can't walk or something."

Jin Wang keenly noticed the phrasing in his words and frowned. "Even now?"

Ye Shu, "...It's nothing."

Jin Wang wanted to ask again, but Ye Shu waved his hand. "Get out, quick. I'm going to bathe."

"Then you take care of yourself." Jin Wang said this and turned to leave.

The pool water was at a suitable temperature. Ye Shu soaked himself and squinted his eyes in comfort.

His slender legs rested in the jade bath and his toes gently slipped into the water, feeling it slowly flowing by.

These legs...were once insensate.

Having been born with a disability in both legs, Ye Shu had spent his childhood in an orphanage, requiring the care of others to go about his daily life.

It was the darkest time in Ye Shu's life.

Perhaps the experience of his early years was too dark, but he didn't remember much about that time. He only remembered that one day, several years ago, he woke up with a start and suddenly regained sensation in his legs.

No one could explain why it happened. This experience—a medical miracle, as the doctors called it—still puzzled Ye Shu even now.

And that was when his stomach problem also started.