Dead mom ~ Tony

He had married a new woman, Pepper Potts.
It hadn't been that long after my mum had passed away, pepper was already moved in but the house had felt so quiet and lonely without mum.
Everything was a mess, my father was expecting me to put a smile on my face everyday and push away my feelings.
I sat in my room staring at the photo I had on my wall. It was of me, my dad and mum on my fifth birthday. All laughing at Happy taking the photo as dad held us both close.
"Hey mum, dead mum, I need a little help here." I knew I was talking to the open space but I didn't care, I hadn't seen anyone since the funeral. "I'm probably talking to myself here but dead mum I gotta ask, are you really in the ground?"
I hugged my knees to my chest as I felt tears fall down my cheeks "cause I feel you all around me, are here? Dead mum?" I felt a sense of comfort, it was like she was here next to me.  "I feel like a bunch of broken pieces, it was you that made me whole, everyday dad staring at me like a hurry up get happy!" I put on my fake smile for a second. My life was a mess and I knew it, I felt so displaced.
"Move along, forget about your mum, cause daddy's in denial, daddy doesn't want to feel he wants me to clap and smile like a performing seal!"
I had ignored this for long enough I was done.
"Ha daddy has lost his mind mum, you wouldn't believe the mess we have become, I miss you everyday."
I didn't cry surprisingly. I looked at my walls, someone would think I made a shrine because of the amount of photos I had of my parents or me with them.
I saw the photo I had from when mum and I had seen beetlejuice on Broadway, ok now knew how Lydia felt about her mum and dad.
As I zoned out I heard my door open and a pair of arms wrap themselves around me.
"I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry for doing this to you." I leaned into the he hug as my dad cried.
I guess this was comforting in a way, I knew I wasn't getting my mum back but to know my dad was here, was enough for me.