Birthday~ Peter Parker

You had been friends with Peter for so many years that you couldn't keep track anymore.
And you two were best friends with Ned as well of course. For years all three of you would spend a weekend or a late night watching movies. It was tradition, but birthdays were the best.
You would all sit down and watch the movies the birthday person chose.
You and Ned were talking about your upcoming birthday and the movies you were thinking of choosing, your birthday that year was on a Friday so it would be a late night movie session.
"So what movies were you thinking y/n?"! You were leaning against the lockers next to Neds while you waited for him to finish getting his stuff
"I don't know yet, maybe we should return to our childhood and watch Peter Pan maybe lion king?"
"Ohh classics!" You laughed as you watch Ned threw his head back trying to make you laugh at his realisation.
You looked around for Peter usually by now he was at school but you couldn't see him. "Hey Ned where's Peter?"
"Oh um he's gonna be late said he had something to do this morning."
"Okay well I'm off to class see you later!"
You had spent your time in class writing random thoughts or drawing in your books while sitting at your usual spot waiting for Peter to walk into class.
In the beginning of third period Peter walked in and gave the teacher a note, you waited for him to sit next to you but he sat next to Liz, you let a couple tears fall as you kept your head down low. You were one of the first people out of class and headed straight to the cafeteria and sat with MJ and Ned.(so I do not know how American school timetables work so I'm kinda going with the flow)
You and Mj weren't close like you were with Peter and Ned but you both were friends. You were talking with Ned about something he had discovered over the weekend when Flash sat down next to you.
"Hey beautiful so when's our date night happening?"
You rolled your eyes, this was nothing out of the ordinary, Flash would talk to you as you were an object and you would try and put him in his place for a while.
"Never happening wanna know why because you're an a$$ Flash and no girl goes out with you because of that and if I remember correctly my mother and your mother are still in contact, I'm only a text or phone call away from ruining your life, now leave."
The cafeteria was deadly quiet, everyone was just strong waiting for Flash to say something. "Cat got your tongue?" The cafeteria went back to being noisy and you watch Flash walk away.
You were looking around for Peter while Ned kept talking.
"So yeah it was a crazy discovery, anyway did Leter happen to walk into class at one point?"
You nodded and started playing with your food.
"Third period walked in and sat with Liz, but it's fine he can sit where he wants but of at seem to see him actually no found him."
Ned turned around to see the way you were looking, you started to grab all your things since it was the end of lunch, you had class with Ned and Peter. You were walking with Ned when someone called both your names. "Y/N Ned wait up!" You stopped and turned seeing Peter running towards you both.
"Hey guys lets go to class now." You didn't talk instead you listened to Peter and Neds conversation.
You had this class then school was done for the day it was early finish for you that day so class was only a half hour one so you knew this was gonna be a class where nothing important would happen.
You sat in your usual spot with Ned and Peter but this time next to Ned, you put in your ear phones and drowned out the entire class. You were snapped out of your focus when someone tapped your shoulder.
"Hey Y/n I just wanted to invite you to this party I'm hosting on y/b/d (your birthday) so here's the address if you wanna come hope to see you there." You thanked the girl and started to put your earphones in when they were snatched from your grasp.
"Y/n? Can we join you? Please we're not doing anything on that day?" You looked at Peter trying to hide your disbelief, Ned wasn't trying to hide anything, he was shocked.
You just nodded and got up when the bell rang. You rushed out of school and to your house.
You slammed your bedroom door and slid down the door and cried. You got up and sat on you balcony watching the sun set.
You didn't hear the door open in your room until your mum sat down next to you.
"Hey baby FRIDAY called me saying you were crying before? Everything okay?"
You shook your head trying not to cry again.
"What happened?"
You explained everything, you were still crying and you just kept talking when someone came up to your mum.
"Hey romanoff we have a mission to go on be ready in an hours time." You waves goodbye to Bucky and talked to your mum just a little longer.
"Sweetie maybe talk to Peter? I'm not sure but maybe it was an honest mistake, I know you guys have had this tradition for so many years I think one slip up would mean nothing." You nodded.
"Yeah you're right I'll calm him soon."
"Call him now so I know it's done."
Phone call
Peter
You

Hey y/n what's up
Hey so umm about the party-
I'm so excited can't wait to go I was glad we don't have plans on that day!
Yeah look Pete-
Oh shoot I have to go see you at the party tomorrow

End of phone call
You looked at your mum, sympathy in her eyes. You shrugged
"There's always next year. Good luck on your mission. Love you mama."
"Love you too shadow."

You got up eventually and walked into the kitchen smelling food, you were greeted at the sight of Wanda making dinner with Clint.
You greeted them and started doing homework while working patiently for dinner.
"So kiddo you excited or your birthday tomorrow?" You nodded and tried to mask your disappointment.
"He might be trying to fool you Y/n"
Damn Wanda and her mind reading
"Language." You shot her a dirty look.
"What if he doesn't? I know Ned will we were talking about today but he used me to go to a stupid party. Hell i might not even show."
Clint chuckled sometimes he hears part of your mum when you talk.
"Well kid if he doesn't just drop Ned off at home leave Peter and come home or bring and we'll all do your movie tradition thing." You smiled at Clint and went to go join Bruce, some how he was really calming when you were stressing.
You sat there doing homework until Tony walked in and noticed you.
"Oh hey almost birthday girl, why you down here next to Bruce?"
Before you could respond Bruce did.
"Became I don't bug people constantly until they are almost off the rails because you have annoyed them endlessly."
Tony huffed and rolled his eyes.
"No um Bruce has a really calming presence around him so I just come hang around him to clear my head."
You continued to work in silence when your phone rang .

Phone call

Ned
You

Hey Y/N
Hey Ned what's up
Oh nothing um I don't wanna go to that party, I really just wanna continue our tradition with or without Peter.
Oh thank god I'm not alone on this one, look you and me will go for an hour then leave without or with Peter and you can spend the night at the tower and we can watch movies.
Okay I'll see you tomorrow for your birthday yeah
Yeah bye Ned
Bye

End of phone call

You sighed and went upstairs for bed, your mum had left your present next to your bed for the morning since she wasn't gonna be there.
You were understanding of this you always had been. And that's what your mum was grateful for.
You woke up the next day excited as to be expected and opened the card next to your present form your mum
Dear my darling daughter, happy 16th birthday, I'm so sorry I couldn't be there but I'll make it up to you when I get back.
I love and adore you each passing day, you never fail to impress me, just remember I'm always proud of you and love you forever and always.
I hope you love my present.
You will always be my shadow. Love you my darling
Love mama
You smiled and took the present down stairs.
You were greeted by everyone that didn't go on the mission which was Clint Wanda Bruce Steve and Tony.
That morning you had gotten, a Polaroid camera, some lights for your room, a little robot to help you around your room, some clothes and posters for your wall.
You thanked everyone and rushed to get to school.
You had arrived and was given more stuff by Ned. He had given you posters about y/f/f (your favourite fandom) and a picture book through all the years you has been friends. You were talking with Ned when someone called your name.
"Y/n?" You looked up saw Peter guilt crossed his face. You smiled at him, you didn't want to make feel bad you had realised that was something you never wanted him to feel.
He ran over and pulled you in for a hug.
"I'm so so sorry y/n please forgive me?"
You nodded and hugged back.
"These things happen." Peter just held you tight.
You killed away and smiled up at Peter.
"How about you me and Ned all do our movie tradition at the tower tonight the others can join us?"
Peter nodded and started walking with you and Ned to first period.
That night the tradition continued and no one forgot one another's birthday.