They were there but they also weren't~ Tony

The one person to make Tony settle was gone, the mission had been too dangerous and Tony knew that. But they were stubborn, his partner never did what they were told, his Y/n was as stubborn as they came but that's what he liked. He just wished he never let them on that mission, they would still be here, in his arms, stealing his shirts, always being there when he woke up in the mornings.

He sat in his chair in the living room where Tony could see their spot, the spot they had claimed when the couple had moved in.

FLASHBACK

"OO I CLAIM THIS SPOT!" Y/N giggled as they sat on the wood. They sat by the window, a view of the lake and the little boardwalk was what they could see. Tony rolled his eyes.

"Darlin, you could have any spot in this house and yet you choose this one spot." Y/n smiled wickedly at Tony.

"I dunno babe, it might just be the spot." Y/n continued smiling as they ran from Tony through the house yelling and laughing.

END OF FLASHBACK

Tony missed them like hell, he wished every day that it was him that died not them. He never wanted to lose the one person he loved so much.

Tony kept staring at the spot, he didn't know how long he had been staring until he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Tony, Tony man, hey what's going on bud?" He snapped back to reality wishing he hadn't.
"Oh hey uhh Rhodey, hey man have a seat on the couch." Rhodey sat on the couch also staring at the child Y/n once sat in.
"Hey Tony we're all worried about you, you miss meetings, you don't show up to anything relating to stark industries, Peter is bouncing off the walls and doing his spider stuff, they have been gone a while you need to move on, it's what they would've wanted."
Tony turned his attention to his friend. "But what if I'm not ready, there was so much I could do but I failed to do so." Tony's voices cracked at the end of his sentence, he wasn't ready it was evident. To him it felt like they were there but at the same time they weren't there.