hold me close- Peter

It felt weird to be an adult. You were engaged to Peter, high school sweethearts and now you both had just bought a house ready to one day expand your family. 

Peter had been stressed trying to get everything on his list done and then making sure everything for your wedding in a months time was ready poo Peter was running around all day.
It was now sunset and you lit candles around the house as Peter finished up a call with his Aunt.
"Yes Aunt may, yes I got that done, yeah Y/n's fine, stop stressing that's my job Aunt May." 

You smiled at Peter as you played Be my baby on your phone and resting it on the fireplace. He watched you closely as he grinned at you. "Hey Aunt May, I'll call you tomorrow, ok bye, love you Aunt May." Peter put down the phone and got up to dance. "Come Y/n dance with me." 

This reminded you of when you both were in high school and how when he'd spend nights at the compound you'd both hold a small dancing party just for the two of you. This night felt no different. "Is your dad coming to the wedding next month?" I giggled, despite my dad being the face of America, Peter was still scared of Steve Rogers, my father.

"Yes Peter, don't stress my dad is coming and you don't need to be scared of him." Peter chuckled as I laid my head against his chest. The song had changed to it's been a long long time. I smiled thinking of my dad. "This is my dad's song." Peter placed a gentle kiss on my head as he held me close while swaying side to side. 

"Peter?" 

"Hm?" His breathing was even and the candles lit the room perfectly, everything was perfect.

"Hold me close."