1.3

A few weeks later

Yoongi woke up and looked at the time, it was already past eleven a.m, his eyes fell on the date as he immediately fell his heart tighten in his chest. With laziness and not much strength, he pulled himself out of bed and went to open the door.

"Namjoon, why are you already here"

"Have you eaten yet?"

"No, I'm going back to Daegu for a few days"

"Oh okay, why are you going back?"

"It's my parents' anniversary and they insisted I went back home"

"Yoongi, your parent's anniversary is in two months. Today, it's been a year since you and him broke up. You don't want to be here for this day, am I right?"

"Yeah... you are. I'm sorry for lying, I just hate to remember him" Yoongi opened the door wider and went to sit down on a chair as Namjoon entered his apartment.

"it's okay, I understand."

The pinkette looked at the ravenette, it was hard knowing his best friend was going to be alone and hurting for the next few days but he knew it was best for him to get through that time alone. He knew he would never let all of his emotions out if he wasn't on his own.

"Why don't you let me make you breakfast while you pack and then I'll drop you off at the train station"

"Thanks, you're a true friend Namjoon" Yoongi got up and hugged the pinkette, which was unusual but not the first time they hugged. Namjoon smiled and started on the breakfast as Yoongi went to shower and then pack.

Halfway through his packing Yoongi realized he didn't want to leave, he had been forcing himself to think it would be better if he left but deep down he knew he wasn't doing it for himself, he was doing it for him. Him who didn't deserve it. Who didn't deserve that Yoongi changed his life just for him and more importantly he didn't deserve that Yoongi left when all he wanted to do was stay.

Stay here and be with Jimin.

Yes, the young man's presence had become a necessity to the latter. Yoongi's life had been dull and tasteless for a months now. All the colors where gone, until the day he met Jimin. The first day he entered that coffee shop and was smitten by the smile, the soft voice and absolutely gorgeous features. Jimin had brought colors, had brought light to his life and warmth to his heart. Three things Yoongi had been deprived off ever since he had left him.

And so, the ravenette made his decision. He wasn't leaving. He was staying and was going to win Jimin and for once, do something good for himself.

Getting out his phone, Yoongi dialed Jimin's number, anxiously biting his lip.

"Hello"

"Hi Jimin, it's Yoongi"

"Yoongi hyung! I didn't think I would hear from you"

"Oh why is that?"

"I don't know, just a feeling I guess"

"Oh well I thought maybe we could go eat or something?"

"Hyung I would love to!"

"Oh good, how about the café where you work?"

"Sure, I get off at three so we can meet then?"

"Perfect"

"Okay, see you there then"

"Bye, Jimin" Yoongi hung up, his gummy smile showing. He stopped the packing and went back to his kitchen where his friend was still cooking.

"Wow it smells delicious hyung!"

"You're already done packing??"

"Nope, I decided I wasn't leaving. Instead, I asked Jimin out on a date" Yoongi smiled as well as the pink haired boy. He usually would gloat and tease his friend but he was so proud that he had made such a big step on his own that he opted to stay quiet and let his friend enjoy the moment without being judged for doing something that made him happy. 

An hour later

Jimin had arrived fifteen minutes early at the café and was now waiting at a table, fidgeting with the rings on his fingers. He had been so happy when Yoongi had called him. He thought he would never hear from the elder again. He had been distant towards the younger, even if sometimes he would say sweet things, Jimin was sure the elder was not opening to the younger anytime soon. But today when he called he sounded different, which only made Jimin even more excited.

The bell rang, and just like the four times before Jimin looked up. A pale ravenette, with the most beautiful cat eyes he had ever seen, the cutest pouting lips and the brightest gummy smile sat in front of him. At that time he decided, he was going to win Yoongi's heart, no matter the odds. That boy was different, in every sense of the word and Jimin was not about to let him slip through his fingers.

"Jimin? Are you okay?" Snapping out of his trance, Jimin smiled his crescent eye smile.

"I'm great, why?"

"Nothing, you were just staring at me ever since I sat down"

"Oh sorry I was just taken aback by your beauty when you came in" Jimin froze and so did Yoongi.

Did I really say that aloud?

"What did you just say?"

No backing out now.

"I just think you look really nice today or every time I see you" A faint blush covered the ravenette's pale cheeks.

"Thank you, Jimin"

"No problem hyung" A comfortable silence settled while they ordered until Yoongi broke it.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Jimin"

"Do I annoy you?"

"of course not, what gave you such an idea?" Jimin almost facepalmed at the elder's answer, he rolled his eyes and looked at him with a "are you serious?" look making the man chuckle.

"Okay I guess I can think of a few reasons why" Jimin chuckled but answered nonetheless.

"We're so opposite, you and me. I remember the first time I waitered on you, you didn't even look at me. Or any of the times after that, not until I brought you the wrong coffee and spilled mine on top of you..."

"On top of that, during the time we were together I was always so cheerful and you always so cold and distant. I thought that you hated having somebody happy besides you when you... when you yourself were not happy" Jimin wasn't sure how his hyung would react.

"You're right, I was not happy, but you made me see that being happy is a beautiful thing. You were always so happy, from the first time I saw you walk up to my table and thought to myself, if I look at him right now he'll see my red cheeks and how stressed I was by having you near, so I didn't look. I could never look at you. You may not be perfect, but you are happy and free. And I want to be happy and free with you, Jimin."

"Hyung what are you trying to say?"

"I like you Jimin and I know you probably don't feel the same way. I just want you to know that I've been hurt by a guy I loved, and I don't want it to happen again, so please if you don't feel the same way about me, if deep down you know you never will, just tell me and do not go out with me out of misery" Jimin frowned and placed his hand on Yoongi's.

"No hyung. I like you too and I would never do that to you. I want to try this with you, let me try. I will prove to you that my feelings are sincere and that its not out of misery hyung."

"Let me try, please?" Jimin locked eyes with Yoongi as he nodded his head. A smile inwardly grew on the younger's face as he linked their fingers. The two men spent two hours talking, getting to know each other. And so, their simple attraction became feelings, more profound with each memory, each fact and each smile the two exchanged.