2.4

Jungkook had waited two days until his friend had gotten better before going to confront Taehyung. He picked a place where he knew he could talk with the elder, where no one would see or interrupt them. He flew to the lake in Seoul, near Jimin's building complex.

 He called onto the brunette and waited, it wasn't long before the elder appeared before him, with his golden locks and blue eyes Taehyung looked amazing but his appearance wasn't enough to calm the fire burning inside the younger. The elder stepped forward towards Jungkook with a trusting smile until the other spoke.

"Stop! Don't come any closer, Taehyung"

"What's going on, Jungkook?"

"I need to know why you did it"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't do that, don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. We're past that, Taehyung, aren't we?" 

Taehyung bit his lip, the younger's tone scared him. It was ice cold and angry, he could sense he was disappointed in him, that he almost blamed him for something. One thing he knew for sure, the younger wasn't happy and angry Jungkook scared him.

"He pushed me to do it, I warned him not to come close to Kai again"

"And that gives you the right to do that to him?" Jungkook's hands trembled from the frustration he was feeling because of the elder.

"He's a bully-"

"He's a soldier! He follows orders, just like you"

"He's a demon"

"So am I! I thought you were peaceful and wise but look at what you did to Yugyeom. How is that any different from demons?"

"Jungkook-"" Taehyung tried to calm the younger but seemed to do the opposite.

"You were so quick to let me go to hell to save yourself saying you could never be a demon but look at your actions. Those aren't heaven worthy, my dear angel" Taehyung closed his eyes, he could feel Jungkook spiraling, falling victim to his anger and bitterness once again.

"Calm down, Jungkook. What I did was necessary, I had to teach him a lesson in order to get him to stay away"

"That's how it starts, that's what you say to justify your actions, but someday the truth will surface and you'll see. You'll realize just what you've become, you'll have forgotten what you used to be and what you stood for" 

Taehyung was slowly walking closer to where Jungkook was standing. Immersed in his words, the boy had lowered his eyes and had lost vision of the elder.

"Jungkook you're not like them"

"What makes me so different? That I used to be an angel? I'm not that person anymore Taehyung, I'm not what you want me to be"

"I know that. You've changed since we met, you've been through so much, I don't know how you did it. You're the strongest person I know, but you have to understand that sometimes you need to lose yourself in order to find yourself again. Look at you now, you're a good person, you're not like the others, you're better. You exceeded everything that's happened to you and learned from it. You're not alone anymore, I'm here. I accept you the way you are, there's nothing you have to hide from me"

Taehyung wrapped his arms around the younger and brought him close. He quickly felt him wrap his arms around him as well and smiled, he never doubted the love Jungkook bore to him. He knew it was still there and would be hard to erase, they were made for each other and Taehyung was sure of that.

He felt two soft touches on both sides of his head and looked at the ravenette's beautiful face that was now staring at him. Jungkook gently brought Taehyung's face closer to his own until their lips melted in a long-awaited kiss. Taehyung tightened his embrace as he felt Jungkook's hands in his hair deepening the kiss, he had waited for so long for this moment and it felt exactly like he had imagined it. 

Feeling Jungkook's need to be close to him made him feel alive, made him feel loved. The need to protect the younger rushed through him again as all sorts of memories came rushing back as well. The two parted and Jungkook melted into the elder's chest, securing himself in his arms, the only place he ever felt safe.