2.2

A few days later

I was in Kai's kitchen, watching him slice a cucumber, then a tomato, another cucumber and now he was peeling a carrot before cutting it as well. I was glad that nothing had happened lately even though it was harder for me to find the demon doing this to him if he wasn't near.

I look at the brunette and see him stop cutting the orange vegetable, he grabs the knife, twists it so the tip is now facing him. With both his hands on the handle I see him move the blade closer and closer to his abdomen, by the time I realize what was happening it was almost touching his skin. I close my eyes and focus on him, his mind was completely dark as if possessed by something else.

The demon

The demon was here and had poisoned his mind. It was my turn to fight and try to regain possession of Kai, I wasn't sure if the creature knew this boy had an angel watching over him or else he wouldn't have tried this stunt with me here. Unless he thought it was a junior angel, they would be much too weak to gain back control of their humans.

I keep my eyes close and manage to kick the demon's grip on Kai, his mind is back in my possession and I force him to drop the blade. I couldn't focus on him right now, I had to try and lure the demon out. I opened my eyes, they glowed gold as I vaguely see a silhouette forming in front of me. I pour my energy and manage to make him fully appear before me. As quickly as I could, I grab his shoulder and press him against the wall, my elbow straight on his throat.

"Who are you?" I growl.

"I know who you are, you're Kim Taehyung. Heaven's elite angel, now I understand how you were able to draw me out" I see him growl as well, his eyes turned black as he tried to escape but my grip was way too strong.

"I know you too, you're Kim Yugyeom. A demon"

"How'd you know" I saw him smirk and roll my eyes.

"You're one of Jungkook's so called friends, but to me just a piece of trash demon"

"He's no different from me"

"I don't care. Who sent you?"

"You think I'm gonna tell you? Please" He scoffed as I applied more pressure.

"No, I know you won't. You're going to go back to whoever sent you and tell them next time I see you, I'm sending your ass back to hell" I touched his forehead and cast him out of the apartment.

I looked at Kai, he seemed even more lost than in the locker room earlier... I was failing because of this demon! I gathered myself and calmed his nerves as well as mine. Once he was a bit more relaxed, I guided him through the rest of his meal and the night until he was awake the very next day and safe at work.

I called upon another angel in the area and ordered him to keep an eye on Kai until I got back. I didn't know what to do with what I knew, should I report back to heaven? Probably not. Should I go look for Yugyeom? But how would I find him, now that he knew I had discovered his identity he would be hiding for sure. I sat down and took a breath, with everything that had happened to me these past few months I had fallen more and more victim to my emotions. So many years of training and hard work all swept away by the return of one person I my life, I sighed and laid back on the chair, I shouldn't be letting things like this get to me. 

Third P.O.V

In the end, Taehyung had once again called Jungkook to him, only this time it wasn't a friendly call. The younger arrived and went to sit next to Taehyung on one of the benches outside the movie theater.

"Taehyung, I don't always have time to come see you, you know"

"This isn't about hanging together, Jungkook"

"Oh? Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, tell me everything you know about Kim Yugyeom"

"Yugyeom? Um, well he's very good at what he does, he enjoys being what he is and takes full advantage of it. He's one of the best, considering he takes pleasure in torturing those who deserves it. He's the perfect demon"

"Thought so"

"Why are you asking me about him?"

"If I tell you this, you have to promise me not to say anything. To anyone" The brunette leaned closer to Jungkook who furrowed his eyebrows not understanding his hyung's behavior.

"I promise"

"Yugyeom has been hired by someone to curse Kai"

"What? Can you even do that? Curse someone who's under a guarding angel's protection?"

"You can try, unless I'm that angel. I won't let him touch Kai any more than he already has"

"I don't understand who would do that. It makes no sense"

"I don't know either, but I'm going to find out"

"Wait, don't you want to let me talk to Yugyeom first?"

"No! You promised you wouldn't say anything"

"Alright, I won't" Jungkook lifted his hands as in a "I give up" way and leaned back. It was killing him not to summon his friend right here and now to get some answers but he wouldn't betray Taehyung like that.

The two men stayed talking for an hour more until Jungkook had to get back to his human. The ravenette bid goodbye to his friend and left, once he got back he felt a shiver run down his spine at the idea to have to face the jerk he was "looking after".

 Mr.Hwae was leaving his office just as Jungkook came, he rolled his eyes when he saw the man harassing one of his secretaries once again. With little focus, he made one of the lamps fall down on top of the CEO causing a scene and making him angry and embarrassed. The poor girl took this chance to hurry and leave making Jungkook smile. He was about to follow the man into another conference meeting where he would influence the staff and potential clients to cancel their deal and ruin the meeting when he felt his name being called once again. 

Jungkook was about to ignore the call thinking it was Taehyung who was once again needy for him, when he felt the aura of who called him.

"It's not Tae" he whispered before flying to where he had been summoned.