2.1

Five weeks later

The brunette walked in the street of Busan, his steps echoed the steps of another tall brunette. He had been following the man for twenty minutes until he had reached his workplace, usually Taehyung would leave and go back to his home, maybe even go see Jimin back in Seoul but today he decided to stay.

He turned back into his visible/human form and entered the movie theater sitting down on one of the cushions in the lounge on the left side. He was about to go see which movies were playing, it had been a long time since he'd gone to see one, when he felt a shiver run down his spine. He heard his name being called and a location as well, he knew who was calling but didn't want to go there. Instead, he focused his energy on sending his own location and summoning Jungkook to the theater.

He waited a few seconds until the main doors opened and in came a tall jet-black haired man. (a/n: See picture above) He waved the younger over and leaned forward, it had been a few weeks since they two had seen each other to discuss who they would watch over next. Jungkook had been sent to Busan, his human was an abusive husband and father, head of a big car company. The boy's assignment consisted in driving the man to the edge of misery, to make him lose everything and set his family free whereas Taehyung had been offered many new assignments. In the end, he picked the one that was in the same town as Jungkook's; a young foreign boy who was new in town and had been having it hard ever since. The boy had arrived from Germany a few weeks ago and had the biggest dream of become an idol, he worked hard day and night and had proven himself worthy of gaining a guarding angel.

"Hi"

"Hey, sorry I called you here, I wanted to make sure I didn't lose sight of Kai today. He's been having a rough couple of days" Taehyung explained the reason why he had called the younger to him.

"It's fine, I understand. I thought he had been getting better ever since he had you?"

"He has, but I don't know why he's been having such bad luck lately. I'm gonna have to look into that more, it's not normal" Jungkook nodded not knowing what to say, back luck could mean demon or simply bad luck, although it shouldn't be hard to know which it was.

"How is your assignment going?"

"Alright I guess, I hate the things I have to do to that man" Jungkook puffed and leaned back in his seat.

"But isn't the man a piece of garbage?"

"He is and I'm sure he deserves what he's getting, I just wish I wasn't the one having to do it to him"

"I understand" Taehyung didn't know what to say, he had never had any trouble with his assignments but then again, never did they have to do with torture or witnessing a man beating his wife and children. He didn't know how Jungkook managed to watch and do all of these horrors and still be the good and decent person he was.

"So how long can you stay here, Jungkook?"

"Well Mr. Hwae is at work right now until late, so I have time"

"Great, want to go watch a movie?" Taehyung smiled, Jungkook looked around him and realized the place where he was and chuckled.

"That's cute, Taehyung"

"Come on, we have time. How long has it been since you've been to the movie theater?"

"It's been some time actually"

"Come on, they're playing 2015 classics this week"

"What a coincidence, most of your favorite movies are from that time" The younger said as he side eyed the brunette.

"I might have influence Kai into convincing his boss to let him to that..."

"You definitely did"

Taehyung laughed and playfully shoved Jungkook, the two boys bought tickets to see Spy for the umpteenth time for Taehyung, but the first time together. The got mixed popcorns and two beverages before heading into the room, luckily for them the movie would begin soon.

A few hours later

Taehyung's P.O.V

I bid goodbye to Jungkook and watch him disappear in a dark alley, I really didn't envy him. I could see how much this assignment took a toll on him and how hard he worked not to let it show and not to lose his aggressive side he had worked hard on forging through all these years. I walked back inside the theater but couldn't find Kai, my heart sped up as I ran around trying to find him. After a few minutes, I end up finding him in the locker room, his scarf wrapped around his neck stopping him from breathing. I hurry and unwrap it while I'm still in my human form, I make sure I can feel a pulse before changing back to my angel shape. I connect to him, to his feelings and emotion and I can feel him gasping for air. I focus and manage to wake him up, I hear him cough for minutes until he catches his breath, he doesn't understand what happened to him and neither do I. Only now I knew what was happening to him, he had a demon on his back and I was going to find him.

I stayed close during the rest of the day and night, until he was sound asleep. Thinking back on all of the bad things that had happened to him I wonder how I missed it, how could I have not noticed all of the clues? It was obvious someone had sent a demon after him, but who? And why? I sighed and laid down on the couch, I knew it wasn't Jungkook, but maybe he could spend some time with Kai and try to get a feel of the creature behind those stupid tricks.