1.9

"That's not true. I loved you, I did. I made a mistake that day!"

"You sacrificed me to save yourself. You're a coward!" The demon yelled.

Flash Back

Taehyung was in his kitchen trying to find something to make for dinner until Jungkook came back when someone knocked on his door.

"Hello?" In front of him stood two angels from the King's Guard.

"Kim Taehyung?"

"That's me, yes"

"We need you to come with us"

"May I ask what for?"

"The king asked for your presence"

I nod and followed the two angels to the King's castle. (They're in heaven) I was used to going to there seeing how I myself was part of the special earth command of guarding angels. I greeted fellow angels and followed the guards until we entered a huge room, in front of me sat the King, Felix (From Stray Kids).

"Ah, hello Taehyung"

"Your Majesty, you called for me" I bow.

"Yes you see, we have a situation" Taehyung raised an eye brow not understanding what he meant. A door opened, and two guards came in, one of them held Jungkook, his arm under his throat to keep him still.

"Jungkook!"

"I warned you Taehyung. And you" He pointed to Jungkook. "I told you last time that if I caught you again, I would not have mercy on you. You put up a fight and hurt my guards when angels do not fight. You do not belong here" Taehyung gulped, he knew what the king was referring to but kept on hoping he was mistaken.

"I'm quite sure you're aware of our rules since we've been through them recently with both of you. I was kind and understanding last time, but I will not let this go on any longer" Taehyung stayed silent, ashamed of getting caught and concerned for what would happen to them.

"I have to make sure you two do not stay in contact since as you know when two angels fall in love, breaking that bond is extremely difficult" The man scoffed as if tired from all of the times he had to deal with angel love.

"Which is why you both stayed together I imagine, but don't worry, I have a solution. You see my husband has had some trouble finding new demons, people are just too good these days. And so I thought of an idea, seeing how Taehyung is already a senior angel and has quite the reputation, and Jungkook has only been an angel for three years, that, and also with all the work it took just to get him here. I mean first he's sent to hell because of his past, then turned out he had good reasons and was the victim, didn't mean to kill his adoptive parents who were in fact abusing him, blah blah. It's just too much trouble. Besides, he's a beast, always putting up a fight" The king groaned before continuing "He will become a demon and you; you get to stay as an angel" The king smiled and clapped his hand.

"NO" Jungkook yelled trying to get out of the guard's grip.

"Your Majesty please, don't do this" Taehyung whispered falling down on his knees.

"It's easy, or one of you becomes a demon and you never see each other again. Or you both become demons and live happily ever after. Stay an angel Taehyung, say goodbye to Jungkook. Isn't that better?" The king smiled.

"I-I can't become a demon."

"Exactly"

Taehyung looked down, tears forming in his eyes. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't become a demon after all the hard work to get the reputation he had now. He loved making humans happy and being and angel, but he couldn't let Jungkook become a demon and leave him, the younger meant too much to him. But how? Demons are filthy creatures, they hurt people, treat them badly, they are dark and wrong and Taehyung would never fit with them, he didn't belong with such creatures. He belonged in heaven, as an angel.

"You're wise Taehyung, I know you'll make the right choice."

"Taehyung! How can you listen to him, he's trying to mess with your head. We can be together it doesn't matter what we are, we'll be together" Jungkook desperately tried to convince Taehyung. The elder looked at Jungkook, he didn't want to leave him, he knew he shouldn't leave him, but how could he agree to being turned into a demon? He could never...

"Time's ticking Taehyung, only you can make this decision." The king pressured the angel.

"I-I'm staying in heaven" The brunette whispered.

"NOOOO. Taehyung please. Don't do this to me! Taehyung, I don't want to be there by myself. I'm going to need you there. Taehyung!" Jungkook's screams for help echoed in the room as Taehyung covered his ears, not bearing to hear the boy.

"Taehyung, you promised! You'd stay with me wherever I'd be" Jungkook cried as the guards dragged him outside.

"Perfect. Woojin, call King Changbin and tell him he's getting a new demon" The king Felix cheered.

"Yes, my king" The blond guard ran out of the castle as Taehyung weakly got up and left as well.

End of flashback

"You sacrificed me to save yourself. You coward!" The demon yelled.

"I know! I know..." Taehyung repeated in a broken voice. "I regretted it the minute I came back home. Everything reminded me of you, the kitchen, the couch, our bedroom. I was miserable for years"

"Oh and you think I wasn't? Hell Tae, that's where I was sent when you left me to save yourself. I didn't deserve to go there, they made me torture people, hurt them until I was broken, and I became a true demon. I didn't deserve what I got, and I can never live with myself after all the things I had to do to survive in there." Jungkook's eye watered but they still scorched with anger. 

Taehyung couldn't bare listening to the younger, it hurt him just to think about how he must be feeling inside. He was uncappable of blaming the younger, he was right to hate him. He removed himself from Jungkook and sat a few meters away.

Taehyung had tried so hard to forget everything that in the end, he did. But seeing the younger hadn't forgotten a single thing made him understand just how he got to be this strong. His hate was his determination, it had given him the will and strength to become this cold creature. It was all because of him.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I know you'll never forgive me for what I did but please, you have to understand that I'm really sorry. And I still love you Jungkook. I spent years forgetting you but deep down, my heart always knew it was you" Jungkook's head dropped.

"You don't have the right to say that after everything that's happened." Jungkook got up and looked at the angel.

"Look at you, one minute you love Jimin and the next you love me again? You really think I'm going to fall for that?"

"I know you still love me too, Jungkook. You've shown it more than once" It was hard for the elder to talk without his voice shaking, but he didn't want to let show just how much the younger's words affected him.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I still don't trust you"

"I know you do, you're jealous of Jimin, you kept on hanging around me, you let me care for you. I've seen your longing stares. If you're still so affected by what happened it's because you still love me, it kills you that even after what I did to you, you can still love me" Taehyung came closer.

"I can't help it, I'd give anything not to feel that way" The younger spoke through gritted teeth.

"If you can't fight it, give into it. I'm right here" The elder was now standing right in front of the other boy, his hand grazing Jungkook's cheeks as he closed his eyes. 

"I'm over loving you, Taehyung"

And with that, the younger disappeared in a storm of wind leaving the elder alone by the lake.