1.8

A few days had passed and Taehyung needed to talk to Jungkook about the council and talk about what they were going to do. The brunette knew he wasn't really going to break up Jimin and Yoongi, he didn't know if they were boyfriends or not but that was not the point, the point was his days with Jimin were over and so his relationship with Jungkook would no longer be a problem for the council.

The brunette walked towards the lake, he knew it would be too good to be true if the other would be there but still he tried, and went. A sigh of relieve escaped the angel's plumped lips when he saw Jungkook's figure laying down on the grass. He couldn't believe the demon still came here after all the time Taehyung had ambushed him there.

Jungkook repositioned himself on the grass and was about to close his eyes when he saw the beautiful angel.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me. Taehyung, I thought I told you, I have nothing to say to you"

"Jungkook" The brunette simply called.

"What!" The other snapped impatiently.

"I'm not listening to them this time, I want to keep on seeing you"

"That would be a first. Weirdly, I don't believe you" The ravenette scoffed whereas Taehyung sighed. He knew the younger wouldn't believe him that easily.

"I know you don't but I'm serious this time. I want to make up for what I did to you"

"You can't! There is nothing you can do to make it up to me"

"Please, let me try at least"

"Try how?" Jungkook rolled his eyes, he had no trust in the elder. Not after everything that had happened.

"Well first of all I'm staying right here, wherever you are I will be there with you" Taehyung barely finished his sentence, when he felt two fists grab his shirt.

"Don't say that, I know you're lying" 

"I'm not" The angel hissed from the sudden assault. "I know I'm not trustworthy, but I'll earn your trust. You'll see" Jungkook threw Taehyung on the floor and saddled him, his arm against the other's throat.

"You say that but you don't even remember. You said it yourself, you barely remember the last time you had a romantic interest. Well I do, I remember! Almost a hundred and fifty years may have gone by but I will never forget" Jungkook spoke lowly but with passion, his words  heavy with emotions.

"Jungkook, calm down"

"You promised! You promised you would be there for me, you said you'd watch out for me"

"I did! I left but then I came back"

"You came back, you did. You were the best to me for some time, and then you left. You picked them and left me behind to save yourself, forgetting all about your promise"

"Wait!" Taehyung tried to grab the younger's arm but he  wouldn't let him.

"Remember your promise, Taehyung" Jungkook touched the angel's forehead, projecting one of his own memories into his mind.

Flash back

Jungkook threw a pebble in the lake, he was bored. He had tried to practice his skills on his human but had failed so many times he ended up giving up. He missed Taehyung, he missed the time they'd spend together as the elder taught him so much.

 A rustling sound echoed in his ears making him turn around.

"Taehyung?"

"Hello, Kook"

"What are you doing here. You're not supposed to be seen with me"

"I know, but who says they have to know?" Taehyung smirked and made his way closer to the younger.

"Are you sure? You could get into trouble"

"I saw you've been very quiet and careful the past few weeks. I think we can make it work" Taehyung smiled as Jungkook threw himself in his arms. 

The two tightened their hug, it had been so long since they'd been together, they had missed each other so much. The elder felt the ravenette release his arms and instinctively brought his hands on the younger's face leading it closer to his own. In a swift motion, his lips were now on Jungkook's small pink lips.

"What was that?" he asked in shock once the kiss ended.

"Something I've wanted to do in a long time" Jungkook smiled and kissed the elder, leading in a few more kissed shared between the two.

"What if they find out??"

"I'll be there for you Kook, always. I'll protect you from them, you'll see, with my help they will never notice a thing. Do you promise me you will follow the rules?"

"If you promise you'll stay with me"

"I do, I promise"

"Then I do too"

End of flash back

"Do you remember now?!" Jungkook's eyes burned with hatred.

"I'm sorry I forgot! I am" Taehyung spoke quickly before the younger could stop him. "Your hatred towards me got so big it, it eventually became the only feeling shared between us" Taehyung blinked, the memory had hit him hard, he could feel his heart beat fast in his chest, as fast as the day he had first kissed the younger.

"Over the years, you became this young demon who showed me nothing but disrespect and hate, I got busy in all parts of the world, meeting different people. I had to try and forget that the person I loved now hated me" Taehyung tried to talk but the younger made it hard by pressing his arm against his throat.

"I don't care about that. I don't care if you decided to forget or if I forced it upon you. You promised you'd never leave and you did" He applied more pression onto the other's throat blocking his access for air. 

"You know I didn't have a choice." Taehyung croaked. " And even so, I regretted my decision!"

"Liar. You're a liar who never cared about me." Taehyung flipped them over, so he was standing on top of Jungkook.

"That's not true. I loved you, I did. I made a mistake that day!"

"You sacrificed me to save yourself. You're a coward!" The demon yelled.