2.3

Mr.Hwae was leaving his office just as Jungkook came, he rolled his eyes when he saw the man harassing one of his secretaries once again. With little focus, he made one of the lamps fall down on top of the CEO causing a scene and making him angry and embarrassed. The poor girl took this chance to hurry and leave making Jungkook smile. He was about to follow the man into another conference meeting where he would influence the staff and potential clients to cancel their deal and ruin the meeting when he felt his name being called once again.Jungkook was about to ignore the call thinking it was Taehyung who was once again needy for him, when he felt the aura of who called him.

"It's not Tae" he whispered before flying to where he had been summoned.

Once he got there he looked around and recognized his apartment for the time. His eyes landed on his couch where a man was sprawled over and on the verge of falling off.

"Yugyeom!" The younger ran to where his friend was, he saw his cheeks were bruised as well as his lips and forehead. His neck had mark of some kind of strangling, most of his clothes were torn and shredded as well as his forearms who were falling limp beside his body.

"What happened to you??" Jungkook sat him up and looked around at each of his wounds trying to assemble everything that was happening.

"You precious mentor did this to me" The ravenette mumbled in between groans of pain.

"Taehyung? Why would he do that?"

"You know why, I know he told you"

"He didn't tell me he would ever do this to you" he got up and went to wash a piece of fabric and grab some alcohol. He crouched down in front of his friend and proceeded to carefully clean his wounds. The other winced and shivered from the pain but didn't budge more than that.

"You didn't answer my question, Yugyeom"

"What am I supposed to do, I was hired to do a job, I can't not do it. The people who hired me would do worst things to me if I didn't oblige"

"It's that bad?"

"We're demons, Jungkook! What do you think we do? Why do you think our bosses are our bosses? Because they were cruel and horrible human beings and it hasn't changed now that they're in hell"

"Stop moving" Jungkook gripped the other's chin, keeping him steady.

"I know what we are and how we live. What I don't understand is since when do demon become involved in angel business? If King Felix or King Changbin knew, they wouldn't let it happen"

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you" Yugyeom whispered before crisping his jaw once again.

"Sorry"

"It's fine. Actually, I'm the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have brought you into this mess only, I didn't know who else to turn to"

"It's okay, besides I was already mixed with everything..."

"Because of Taehyung?" Yugyeom looked straight at Jungkook who stopped moving.

"Yeah...More or less"

"What is going on, Kook? How did you two even get back in touch? You shouldn't be near him"

"It's a long story, Yugyeom. You don't know the details"

"You know what I do know? You started out as a weak angel, then a weak and pathetic excuse for a demon and turned into the strongest demon there is. You were even better than King Changbin"

"Were? I'm not anymore? Is that what you're implying?"

"Taehyung holds you back, you're stronger and better than him"

"No, I hold myself back. This is me, do not bring Taehyung into this"

"He never let you be yourself when you were an angel, did he?"

"That has nothing to do with all of this. You know I will never use my strength, mental or physical, against anyone other than him. He's the reason I am who I am and I refuse to become the demon you and everyone else wants me to be. It's not who I am"

Jungkook got up and went to wash the tissue as well as put back the needles and thread he had used to sew his friend's wounds. As he did so he thought back to what Yugyeom had just said, it's true he was stronger than he let on, but he had swore to himself never to let his strength get the better of him. He had used it against innocents for years until the reality of all the horrors he committed hit him, all the people he tortured, the souls he had sent to hell and the dreams he had crushed. No, never again would he follow the dark path, no matter if he was a demon, he would not give in ever again.