2.0

Three weeks later

Taehyung's P.O.V

Drained of my energy, weak, ashamed, guilty, numb. That's how I felt ever since my encounter with Jungkook. How could I not? I had been a terrible person towards him, I was the reason he got sent back to hell, all by himself, left to be tortured and torture other poor souls until his became broken.

I held my head in my hands, it hurt like hell. It was as if a barrier had been torn inside my head and my mind was now flooded with memories and feelings I had spent years suppressing. I woke up in my apartment, on my bed. I barely remembered falling asleep, I guess crying really tires you out...

With a heavy heart and lazy steps, I got up and proceeded to eat some cereals as I thought of a way I could talk with Jungkook. I kept on thinking and thinking as I cleaned my apartment, showered and got dressed. Just as I was about to head out I felt a tingling sound in my ear, heaven. I sighed, I didn't feel like going there right now, it would be too hard to leave. I ignored the call and left, I found myself walking towards Jimin's apartment. 

I was in my angel shape so I wasn't afraid of being seen, yet I still walked like any other human surrounding me. Unsurprisingly I saw the main door open and close as a blonde and a ravenette exited the building. I watched them walk closer and closer towards me until Jimin smiled and waved at me. I blinked, how come? I was invisible? I looked around but no one was near me, I hear Jimin chuckle and wave again as I wave back and try to smile as well.

If he can see me it means...It means he's not my human anymore...

The reality hit me like a truck, now I understood why I had been called to heaven; Jimin was now completely happy and my mission was accomplished; I was no longer his guarding angel. Just as I watched them walk away, a figure appeared right before my eyes. It was Jungkook, sitting on the floor in the middle of the street. I looked at him and saw his shocked expression as he got up, looking at me and then back at Yoongi and Jimin.

Oh, it happened to him too. Today he lost Yoongi.

"I guess we're not needed anymore" I say as I slowly approach him.

"No, I guess Yoongi redeemed himself..."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure"

"Why were you Yoongi's demon? What happened to him to end up like that?" Jungkook looked down in silence but evenutally answered.

"When his boyfriend left him he got into drugs and stole a few things, vandalized some places too. He lost it and got into too many dark things at once, he was like a beacon for demons"

"Poor guy, it wasn't his fault" I say feeling bad for the ravenette.

"This one no, we usually have real criminals and bad guys to curse. Sometimes we guide them back to the good side, like Yoongi"

"So, what now?" I asked now that neither of us had any more ties to this town.

"Now we both get new assignments and never speak to each other again" I thought I detected a hint of sadness in his voice.

"You don't seem overjoyed about it?"

"Why would I be, I waited a hundred and fifty years to see you again, I don't want it to end so soon" I couldn't help but smile and feel warm inside.

"We did spend a few weeks together, it's already something" I try to cheer him up.

"Yeah, I guess. I should go, goodbye Taehyung"

"Wait. When you're given your new assignment, could you tell me where they're sending you?"

"Why?"

"I get so many requests I can probably pick one closer to where you'll be" I blush as I speak but maintain my posture and look straight in Jungkook's eyes.

"I'll let you know" He whispered.

I saw him barely wave goodbye before he disappeared. I sighed, it was a good start. Maybe it would lead to something even better, I wasn't ready to lose faith. I start walking again and get ready to head back to heaven.